您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > VOA英语听力下载|VOA news > voa标准英语|美国之音常速英语下载|在线收听
正文
VOA常速英语:Reporter’s Notebook Double Duties of Working Parents with Two Kids
2020-04-14来源:和谐英语
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
大家好,我是Eunjung Cho。1.6
So I have two children.One is in kindergarten,and another in second grade.
我有两个孩子。一个上幼儿园,另一个上二年级。6.6
I never spent so much time with them daily,given the nature of the job that I had.
鉴于我的工作性质,我以前平时从来没有每天花这么多时间和他们在一起。11.4
So tele-working from home was something that Id always wanted.
所以在家远程工作是我一直想要的。15.2
But this lockdown with 2 children 24X7 isnt exactly that a dream comes true.
但是这个每天24小时与两个孩子在家禁闭并不意味着梦想成真。21.8
Im sure its same with millions of working parents across America with underage children.
我相信全美数百万有未成年子女的在职父母也是如此。28.1
So the school that we have partner with has the resources of distant learning program:
我们合作的学校有远程教育项目的资源:33.1
they use the application called EZOOM to conduct live classes from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
他们使用EZOOM,上午8点到下午3点进行现场授课。39.7
It is practically the same as going to school,
几乎和上学一样,42.7
just as the students and teachers meet in video conferencing.
就像学生和老师在视频会议一样。47.0
Were grateful that we are able to keep our children learning and busy during this lockdown.
我们很感激能让孩子在这段时间里学习和充实。52.2
Kebby always said,"I am just as busy."
Kebby总是说:“我很忙。”55.6
Because the students have different classes at every hour,
因为学生们每小时都有不同的课,59.2
and because my children are so young,
因为我的孩子太小了,61.6
I have to lock in demand all the time.
一旦他们有需求,我必须随时待命。64.1
They call it out "Oh-mum".
他们叫“哦-妈妈”。66.2
Mummy is incurring whenever they have problems with computers.
只要电脑出了问题,妈妈就会招即而来。70.8
They always beg to me in English by some reason,always call me "Oh-mum".
他们总是各种原因用英语叫我“哦-妈妈”。75.2
So it is truly embarrassing for me because I have a full-time work to do at home,
这对我来说真的很尴尬,因为我在家里有一份全职工作要做,80.9
and because Im a reporter,I have deadlines to me.
我是记者,我工作有最后期限。83.9
So whenever Im under real pressure,
所以当我有很大压力时,86.4
A taller growl from deep down my stomach:"Be quiet! Leave me alone!"
我会从心底里大声咆哮:“安静!让我一个人静静!”90.8
Parenting, I guess.
我想这就是为人父母的状态。92.7
But the same lining, I guess,is that I get so much time with my children.
但同样的,我想,是我有很多时间和我的孩子们在一起。97.6
Its so cute to watch my daughter singing and dancing in her music class,
看着我女儿在音乐课上唱歌跳舞真是太可爱了,102.5
and my son, jumping up and down in his PE class in front of his computer.
还有我的儿子,他在自己的电脑前上体育课上蹿下跳。107.9
Its all very surreal.
这太超乎现实了。109.9
Ive talked with many working parents around me.
我和身边的许多在职父母聊过。113.1
Most of them wake up early and get to bed even later.
他们中的大多数人起得很早,甚至睡得更晚。117.8
While we are all hunted by our employers,
当我们都被雇主在屁股后面追着要工作时,121.1
so flexible in our schedule and in getting our jobs down.
我们的时间得安排的很灵活,要完成工作。124.7
Mothers told me that there is a rumor that the school closure will continue until the end of the year.
有妈妈告诉我,有传言说学校将关闭到年底。131.5
Well, that is a ready reality in some states and the number of states choosing to shut down is increasingly growing.
嗯,这在一些州即将成为现实,选择关闭的州越来越多。138.6
相关文章
- VOA常速英语:日增20万确诊病例,印度疫情失控
- VOA常速英语:美国驱逐10名俄罗斯外交官
- VOA常速英语:US Marks One Year of Pandemic Shutdown with Hope, Concern
- VOA常速英语:US Senate Nears Vote on $1.9 Trillion Biden COVID Aid Package
- VOA常速英语:What Is Clubhouse and Why Did It Get So Popular?
- VOA常速英语:Thermal Water Helps Recovering COVID Patients
- VOA常速英语:Deadly Drug Overdoses Epidemic Rages On
- VOA常速英语:International Women’s Day Marks Year of Increased Hardships for Women Worldwide
- VOA常速英语:US States Relax Restrictions, Health Officials Warn Against It
- VOA常速英语:Virginia Starts Reopening Schools for In-Person Learning