和谐英语

VOA常速英语:Distilling with Spirit

2020-04-17来源:和谐英语
Whoop. Were still pumping.
哎呀,还在放水。
Oh yeah. We were still filling this.
是的,要装满这个桶。
Okay. All right.
好的。
We still produce our whiskeys and our vodkas and our gins.
我们还在生产威士忌、伏特加和杜松子酒。
We still have our alcohol or our spirits that we produce but weve obviously pivoted.
我们还可以继续生产酒精和烈性酒,但是我们现在必须改变生产重心了。
Weve pivoted into making sanitization. Its the same type of process.
我们现在主要生产消毒液,这跟酿酒流程是一样的。
Were using the same whiskeys, our base spirits that we would use to make a lot of our other products.
我们用的还是威士忌和其他基本的烈性酒,这些酒可以制作成很多其他的产品。
Our plan was only to do this for today and help people out
我们只是在特殊时期这么做,给有需要的人们提供一些帮助,
like nursing homes and hospitals and first responders and the elderly,
比如疗养院、医院、急救人员以及老人,
you know, the hard targets of this whole nasty thing.
这些人都是容易感染病毒的群体。
Its blown up into being much more than that.Its blown up to be a business.
但我们的酿酒厂受到的影响远不止这些。这场疫情也让我们很难做生意。
I mean, I dont know. Well see how long it lasts, how long the need lasts.
我也不知道,只能看看疫情会持续多久,对消毒用品的需求会持续多久。
When the governor issued their new regulations, its maximum 10 patrons at a time.
州长发布的新规是,最多一次只能有10位顾客入店。
It is impossible for a restaurant to staff the restaurant and a bar and make any money that way.
同时餐厅、酒吧也不能雇用员工,所以基本赚不了什么钱。
So, that effectively put us out of business at the bar and restaurant.
所以禁令一出,我们马上就营业不了了。
Luckily, we had the second business here that were springing off of, which is the distillery.
幸运的是,我们可以开展第二个业务,那就是酿酒。
What we, Ive been able to do is re-employ all of those bar personnel.
我现在能做的就是雇用那些酒吧的工作人员。
So, all the kitchen and all the bar people will be filling jugs and working full time.
所以以前厨房和酒吧的工作人员现在也能过来全天工作,帮我们装满这些酒桶。
So, thats another good side benefit, right?
所以,这也算是一个好的方面吧、
That everybody gets a job still because all those people I had to lay off last Sunday, on Tuesday I got to rehire.
每个人都能得到一份工作,上个星期天我不得不解雇所有人,星期二我又可以重新雇用他们。
Its nice to be able to do something that is helping people.
能够帮助别人真的是太好了。
Obviously, its really hard to find.I went on Amazon just to look at what was available on Amazon and it looks like people are ripping everyone off.
现在物资真的太匮乏了。之前我去了亚马逊,看看还能买到什么,但是似乎每个人都在大抢购。
So, its nice to just kind of help the local community and still have a job actually.
所以,我很高兴能帮助当地的社区同时还拥有一份工作。
I feel really lucky right now.
我现在感觉非常幸运。
Prices right now is important to us.I mean, that was a very, very important thing to us, to not gouge, right?
现在的价格对我们来说很重要。现在非常重要的就是不去漫天要价。
I mean, because thats what youre seeing now.
现在你可以看到很多东西都在涨价。
Youre seeing people buy up, whether its toilet paper or hand sanitizer and then trying to charge exorbitant prices for that.
你看到你们都把物资抢光了,无论是厕纸还是洗手液,然后以高价再卖出去。
That is part of what we were battling here,
这是我们正在抵制的,
plus the need and plus the reasonableness of fulfilling that need.
人们的需求增加了,但我们也要增加满足需求的合理性。
I have a company down the street and all of our, everything weve used, is out.
我在街上有一家公司,我们所有的用品都耗尽了。
All of our containers are half-full and weve got to try to fill them back up.
我们所有的消毒液都只剩一半不到,所以必须尽快找到补给。
Were producing about 300 (1135 liters) gallons of sanitizer right now.
我们现在生产大约300加仑(1135升)的消毒液。
We could easily do that every day if we could get the supplies, but we believe that we are on a plan to, at least
如果能获得补给,那我们每天都可以生产这么多的量,但我们目前的计划是,
produce another thousand gallons (3785 liters) next week and hopefully continue to try to double that.
下周至少再生产1000加仑(3785升),并且希望继续加倍生产。
I think all of us are trying to do what we can. I think seeing small businesses step up and provide this type of service is fantastic.
我想我们都在尽我们所能。我认为小企业能站出来,提供这种服务是非常棒的。