您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > VOA英语听力下载|VOA news > voa标准英语|美国之音常速英语下载|在线收听
正文
VOA常速英语:Face masks, gloves, disinfectants and hand sanitizers
2020-05-06来源:和谐英语
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
口罩、手套、消毒剂和洗手液,
half a dozen medical students are helping in the fight against the corona virus in their own way.
六名医科学生正在以自己的方式帮助对抗冠状病毒。
A couple of my classmates and I started Med Supply Drive.
我和我的几个同学建立了Med Supply Drive这个志愿者组织。
Our clinical rotations were delayed and at the same time we were getting this very intense need
我们的临床轮值延迟了,与此同时,
from emergency rooms and hospitals for PPE personal protective gear,
与此同时,我们从急诊室和医院得知了医护人员对个人防护装备的强烈需求
and so we started this initiative as six students at Georgetown
所以我们六名学生在乔治敦开始了这项活动
and now its grown over to to over 600 students in the country.
现在它已经发展到全国600多名学生。
All members are still medical students
所有成员是医科学生。
so while they cant physically help in the hospitals, they can round up and donate PPE equipment.
所以,当他们不能在医院提供帮助时,他们可以四处搜集并捐赠防护设备。
I didnt think that I would be useful on the frontline but I could definitely supplement the frontline you know this way.
我不认为我在前线会有用,但我绝对可以以这种方式支援前线。
Volunteers started with calling various places that they thought could still have some sort of PPE and disinfectants left.
志愿者们开始打电话给不同的地方,他们认为这些地方还能有防护设备和消毒剂。
And since all university courses were being conducted online
因为所有的大学课程都是在网上进行的
and students went back home for the time of the quarantine.
学生们回家隔离。
They managed to conduct their volunteering work in 42 American states.
他们设法在美国42个州开展志愿工作。
We started off mostly by reaching out to different companies
我们一开始主要是联系不同的公司。
like research labs, tattoo parlors, nail salons, dentist offices just like maybe construction companies anywhere
比如研究实验室,纹身店,美甲沙龙,牙医办公室,
that we think would have PPE like gloves or masks that they can donate.
我们认为这些地方会有像手套或口罩这样的个人防护用品,他们可以捐赠。
We like called them, email them and we got a lot of positive responses from places like that.
我们用电子邮件,给他们打电话,从这些地方得到了很多积极的回应。
Students themselves pick up the donations or have them brought to their doorstep.
学生们自己去取捐赠物品,或者捐赠物品送到家门口。
Many of them have dedicated some space in their apartments to serve as an impromptu warehouse.
他们中的许多人在公寓里留出了一些空间作为临时仓库。
We have a taped off area in my house so that all the supplies will stay there
我们屋子有一块用胶带围起来的地方,这样所有的东西都能放在那里
so when people drop off supplies to my house, they leave it on the porch
所以当人们把捐赠品送到我家时,他们就把它放在门廊上。
and then I come down with gloves and I wipe it off
然后我拿着手套下来并进行擦拭,
and then I put it in the clean area so that it stays contained in that one place.
然后我把它放在干净的地方,这样它就能被在在一个区域。
Then the supplies get packaged and taken to a number of hospitals.
然后,这些物资被打包送到一些医院。
I spent time making contacts at the hospital so I would just cold call the front desk
我花了很多时间和医院联系,我打电话给前台,
and say hi I have supplies, can can someone take them in the hospital?
我说这里有一些物资,有人能接收吗?
And from there we started building this relationship
从那时起我们开始建立这种关系
where they would reach out to me and say hey needs that in need of this.
在那里他们会提出他们的需求。
And I would reach back out to the departments and to labs
我会向各个部门和实验室提出需求,
and say does anyone else have this and I just kind of blast out emails like that.
然后咨询还有其他人有这个吗?我就像这样把电子邮件发出去了。
On average in every major city about 10 hospitals work with Med Supply Drive,
平均每个大城市约有10家医院与Med Supply Drive合作
the organization has been working for less than a month
这个组织工作了不到一个月。
but the students have already collected and donated thousands of boxes with medical supplies and PPE.
但学生们已经收集并捐赠了数千箱医疗用品和个人防护用品。
Weve had over 100,000 donations and over 10,000 masks I believe.
我相信我们已经收到了100,000多份捐赠和10,000多个口罩。
Med Supply you have completely came to game for us, thank you so much, you are phenomenal humans,
Med Supply 你们为我们四处奔波,非常感谢你们,你们太了不起了,
thank you thank you thank you theres genuinely no way to say how pleased that we are.
谢谢,我们实在没有语言能表达我们的开心。
Despite the great start, volunteers say the supply of face masks and gloves is running low
志愿者们说,尽管开局不错,口罩和手套的供应却越来越少。
so they are hoping for alternative ways to help doctors and have already found volunteers
因此,他们希望找到其他方法来帮助医生,并且已经找到了志愿者
who want to sew masks for the hospital staffs and 3d print hard face masks.
他们想为医院工作人员缝制口罩和3D打印硬面罩。
For Lesia Bakalets in Washington and Anna Rice VOA news
制作人Lesia Bakalets,记者Anna Rice 华盛顿报道
相关文章
- VOA常速英语:日增20万确诊病例,印度疫情失控
- VOA常速英语:美国驱逐10名俄罗斯外交官
- VOA常速英语:US Marks One Year of Pandemic Shutdown with Hope, Concern
- VOA常速英语:US Senate Nears Vote on $1.9 Trillion Biden COVID Aid Package
- VOA常速英语:What Is Clubhouse and Why Did It Get So Popular?
- VOA常速英语:Thermal Water Helps Recovering COVID Patients
- VOA常速英语:Deadly Drug Overdoses Epidemic Rages On
- VOA常速英语:International Women’s Day Marks Year of Increased Hardships for Women Worldwide
- VOA常速英语:US States Relax Restrictions, Health Officials Warn Against It
- VOA常速英语:Virginia Starts Reopening Schools for In-Person Learning