正文
VOA常速英语:Food for the Frontline
This is emergency room of one of the main hospitals in New York City
这是纽约市一家主要医院的急诊室
and were delivering a hundred meals today for the emergency room personnel.
我们今天给急诊室人员送了一百份饭。
Lets go, my name is Luca di Pietro and Im the owner of Tarallucia Vino, a group of restaurants in New York City.
我们走吧,我叫卢卡·迪·皮埃特罗,我是塔鲁夏·维诺的老板,这是纽约市的一家连锁餐馆。
We have five locations all over the city.
我们在全市有五个店。
Our locations were all shut down because of the know the ordinance from the mayor
我们的餐馆都被关闭了,因为市长发布的这条法令
and we were only able to do takeout and delivery.
我们只能做外卖和送餐。
A friend of ours called us saying how can we help? Can I order some food for delivery
我们的一位朋友打电话给我们说,我们怎样才能帮忙?能订些食品来送餐吗?
Maybe you guys can bring some food to an emergency room.
也许你们可以送点食物到急诊室。
She purchased 40 meals and we gladly delivered them to the ER you know.
她买了40份饭,我们很高兴地把它们送到急诊室。
When I actually delivered with my wife I delivered the food,
当我和妻子一起送食物的时候,
the emergency room personnel, they were so grateful for that food for somebody,
急诊室的工作人员他们很感激那些给他们买食物的人,
about someone thinking about them.
有人在惦记他们。
So I was thinking it through and I said how do I keep the lights on, how do I keep my people employed
所以我在考虑这个问题,我说我如何保持下去,我怎样才能让我的员工继续工作呢?
and how do I help first responders?
我该如何帮助急救人员?
So the idea just came organically and I told my daughter
所以自然而然地有了这个想法,我告诉我女儿
I said why dont we build a website, so people can purchase meals through us and we can deliver them to emergency rooms.
我说,我们为什么不建立一个网站,这样人们就可以通过我们购买食物,我们可以把食物送到急诊室。
I was finishing up my senior year at Harvard and we got an email telling us
我在哈佛念大四,我们收到了一封电子邮件,
that we all had to get off campus due to the coronavirus crisis.
邮件上说由于冠状病毒危机我们都得离开校园。
So when that happened, I came back to New York City and when I got home, I saw that my fathers restaurants were struggling.
所以当这件事发生的时候,我回到了纽约,当我回到家的时候,我看到我父亲的餐馆经营出现了问题。
So my contribution to Feed the Frontlines NYC was to build the website.
所以我对为纽约医护人员送食物这个活动的贡献就是建立这个网站。
And I was able to do that because I had some amazing friends who got together when they heard about this idea.
我之所以能做到这一点,是因为我有一些很棒的朋友,当他们听说这个想法时,他们聚在一起。
And they were all really willing to help out and I had a friend help me build the website pretty much overnight
他们都很乐意帮忙,我有个朋友帮我在一夜之间建立了这个网站。
and so we put it all together, came up with the name, got people working on social media
所以我们把它放在一起,想出了一个名字,让人们在社交媒体上推广
and weve had an incredible response since then.
后来我们得到了令人难以置信的反馈。
Im a donor. It was a very easy decision. its kind of a win-win.
我是个资助者,这是一个非常容易的决定,这是一种双赢。
Luca can keep some people employed and they get some gratitude and food to frontline health care workers.
卢卡可以保留一些人的工作,他们送食物给前线的医护人员,人们感激他们。
Were very thankful, we have a very big staff of doctors, technicians and taking care of the patient.
我们非常感谢,我们有一大批医生、技术人员在照顾病人。
So we are very thankful, we dont know how to thank the people that go into the food and whoever cooked it .
所以我们非常感谢。我们不知道该如何感谢订购食物里和做食物的人。
We are extremely thankful and blessed.
我们非常感谢和祝福那些人。
Were coming back every day for as long as you need us, Okay?
只要你需要我们,我们每天都会来,好吗?
We have so many people they want to participate in this effort
我们有那么多的人想要贡献自己的力量。
So were coming back every day.
所以我们每天都会来。
Thank you. Thanks you very much. Be well. Stay safe.
谢谢你。也谢谢你。保重。
As this effort is going on, more restaurants are reaching out and also food vendors, coffee vendors,
随着这一工作的进行,越来越多的餐馆和食品供应商包括食品小贩,咖啡小贩愿意贡献自己的力量,
as demand grows, we will bring more restaurants in.
随着需求的增长,更多的餐馆将加入进来。
Thank you so much for the donation. We really appreciate it .Take care. Bye. Have a good one. See you later.
非常感谢你的捐赠,我们真的很感激,保重,再见,回头见。
Tarallucia so far is keeping people employed and most importantly getting food to frontline workers.
到目前为止,塔鲁夏一直在为人们提供工作,最重要的是为前线医护人员提供食物。
I hope other restaurants can do it.
我希望其他餐馆也能做到。
相关文章
- VOA常速英语:日增20万确诊病例,印度疫情失控
- VOA常速英语:美国驱逐10名俄罗斯外交官
- VOA常速英语:US Marks One Year of Pandemic Shutdown with Hope, Concern
- VOA常速英语:US Senate Nears Vote on $1.9 Trillion Biden COVID Aid Package
- VOA常速英语:What Is Clubhouse and Why Did It Get So Popular?
- VOA常速英语:Thermal Water Helps Recovering COVID Patients
- VOA常速英语:Deadly Drug Overdoses Epidemic Rages On
- VOA常速英语:International Women’s Day Marks Year of Increased Hardships for Women Worldwide
- VOA常速英语:US States Relax Restrictions, Health Officials Warn Against It
- VOA常速英语:Virginia Starts Reopening Schools for In-Person Learning