您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > VOA英语听力下载|VOA news > voa标准英语|美国之音常速英语下载|在线收听
正文
VOA常速英语:The Work of Life
2020-06-16来源:和谐英语
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
我是王彼得。
Were at Bayonne Medical Center and I run the cardiology department here at Bayonne.
我们在贝永医疗中心,我负责贝永的心脏病科。
There are first responders and then there are first responders,
除了急救员,还是急救员,
and there are two people who I know,they developed the disease,
我认识两个人,他们得了这种病,
and the first thing that they did after three to four weeks of severe illness, is come right back to the front.
在三到四周的严重疾病后,他们做的第一件事就是回到一线。
I have had COVID.
我有过COVID。
I tested COVID-positive early in April.
我在4月初检测了COVID阳性。
I had classic symptoms of sore throat.
我有典型的咽喉痛症状。
Then I developed a fever and chills,body aches and was sick for about 15 days.
后来我发烧发冷,身体疼痛,患病约15天。
I work in the emergency room.
我在急诊室工作。
Ive been here in Bayonne Medical Center for almost 11 years now.
我在贝永医疗中心已经待了11年了。
Im a certified ER nurse.
我是一名急诊室执业护士。
Im also a COVID recovery patient.
我也是COVID康复的病人。
When they told me I had COVID,thats the time that I said, "Oh gosh."
当他们告诉我我有COVID时,那时我说:“哦,天哪。”
I panicked.
我惊慌失措。
I was so short of breath.
我喘不过气来。
I have two kids.
我有两个孩子。
One is in New York and one is a 17-year old who stayed with me at home.
一个在纽约,一个17岁,和我一起呆在家里。
When I was really sick, I felt so disgusted because I cannot hug my son anymore.
当我真的病了的时候,我感到很难受,因为我再也不能拥抱我的儿子了。
I said goodbye to my kids already.
我已经跟我的孩子说再见了。
I told my oldest son, "You have money for college. I put it on the side."
我告诉我的大儿子,“你有上大学的钱。我准备好了。”
My mother died when I was five and I said Im not going to leave them like that.
我母亲在我五岁的时候去世了,我说我不会就这样离开他们的。
I have a wonderful husband and weve been married for two years.
我有个很好的丈夫,我们结婚两年了。
We are currently having a baby girl in September.
九月份我们的女儿就要出生了。
So, were about 23 weeks pregnant with a surrogate.
所以,我们已经怀孕23周了。
Bringing a child into the world right now is,it scares me.
现在把孩子带到这个世界上,我很害怕。
In general, we have to, you know,be very cautious about newborns with infection.
一般来说,你知道,我们必须非常谨慎预防新生儿感染。
Come September, I hope theres some better way to test and be comfortable that I wouldnt get COVID.
到了九月,我希望有更好的方法来测试,让我不会得COVID。
I want to feel comfortable going near my child.
我想自在地靠近我的孩子。
A week after I had the COVID, thats the only time I relaxed.
在我得COVID一周后,那是我唯一一次放松。
Thats the only time I said, "Okay, I can do this."
那是我唯一一次说:“好吧,我能行。”
I came back to work sixteen days after I was diagnosed with COVID.
在我被诊断出患有COVID 16天后,我又回到了工作岗位。
When I completely recovered,I returned to the emergency room immediately.
当我完全康复的时候,我立刻回到急诊室。
My staff was in need of support.
我的工作人员需要支持。
They needed my direction and just let them know that its okay to come back as long as you follow the institutional guidelines.
他们需要我的指导,让他们知道只要你遵循机构指导原则就可以回来。
It was so good to be back.
能回来真是太好了。
My perspective is different.
我的视角是不同的。
The way I treated the patient is different, different after because I have experienced it.
我对待病人的方式也就不同,因为我已经经历过了。
It really felt so good to be back.
回来感觉真好。
相关文章
- VOA常速英语:日增20万确诊病例,印度疫情失控
- VOA常速英语:美国驱逐10名俄罗斯外交官
- VOA常速英语:US Marks One Year of Pandemic Shutdown with Hope, Concern
- VOA常速英语:US Senate Nears Vote on $1.9 Trillion Biden COVID Aid Package
- VOA常速英语:What Is Clubhouse and Why Did It Get So Popular?
- VOA常速英语:Thermal Water Helps Recovering COVID Patients
- VOA常速英语:Deadly Drug Overdoses Epidemic Rages On
- VOA常速英语:International Women’s Day Marks Year of Increased Hardships for Women Worldwide
- VOA常速英语:US States Relax Restrictions, Health Officials Warn Against It
- VOA常速英语:Virginia Starts Reopening Schools for In-Person Learning