您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > VOA英语听力下载|VOA news > voa标准英语|美国之音常速英语下载|在线收听
正文
VOA常速英语:Woman Has Removed Over 300 Hooks From Sharks' Mouths
2021-03-30来源:和谐英语
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
我爱我的鲨鱼,我开始看到它们带着这些钩子进来。
The hook removal started like anything would start when you love someone.
拔除鱼钩跟你喜欢上一个人开始时一摸一样。
I just wanted to make their lives a little bit better to relieve their pain.
我只是想让他们的生活更好一点来减轻他们的痛苦。
With foggy eye one day she showed up and she had one that was actually inside.
有一天,她带着雾蒙蒙的眼睛出现了,而她的眼睛实际上就在里面。
I would open her jaw and see the hook.
我会张开她的下巴去看鱼钩。
And then a certain moment I decided to basically stick my hand in and I pull the hook out.
然后某一瞬间我基本决定把手伸进去把鱼钩拔出来。
But then as soon as she came back she allowed me to pet her.
但以后她一回来,就让我抚摸她。
And from that day on, became a shark that would just show up on the dive.
从那天起她成了只在潜水时现身的鲨鱼。
And all of a sudden I will feel a pressure on my hip.
突然间我会感觉到臀部的压力。
And all of a sudden I will feel a pressure on my hip.
突然间我会感觉到臀部的压力。
And I will turn around and shell be, like, leaning in to me and just stop swimming.
我会转过身,她仅仅停止游泳就像靠在我身上一样。
This change of personality from before the hook and after the whole I was very much a light bulb for me.
从鱼钩事件前到整个之后,这种性格的改变,我对我来说都是一个很大的启发。
When I remove the hooks, I feel happy, satisfied and relieved and then the other thing I noticed is
当我取下钩子时,我感到很高兴和放松,然后我注意到了另一件事
as I start removing hooks from my known sharks other sharks just start showing up with hooks.
当我开始从我已知的鲨鱼身上取出鱼钩时,其他带鱼钩的鲨鱼开始出现。
People ask me "Do they communicate?" And Im like, "Yes!"
人们问我它们会沟通吗,我觉得是的。
Theyre very accepting.
他们非常易于接受。
Sharks in general, in the world, are very tolerant of our presence.
总体而言,鲨鱼对我们的存在非常宽容。
Entering their world I wanted to pat a shark from the first moment I saw one.
进入他们的世界,从我第一次看到一条鲨鱼,我就想拍拍它。
It took a year and some time before the transition between being a diver and
从潜水员过渡到成为一种职业,
then it being a profession and then working with sharks,
再到和鲨鱼一起工作,
and then finally having a shark in my lap.
最后我的大腿上有了一条鲨鱼,我用了一年多的时间。
Its understanding that its done on the sharks terms not on mine.
可以理解的是,这是按照鲨鱼的条款而不是我的条款去完成的。
Because every time a shark does that I do realize what a privilege it is.Its a complete abandonment.
因为每次鲨鱼这么做我都会意识到这是一种特权。这是一种彻底的放弃。
This is a wild animal and shes giving me full trust.
这是只野生动物而她正给我全部的信任。
Saying “In this moment, I trust you. Youre not going to hurt me."
我相信你,你不会伤害我形容这一刻很好。
youre not going to hurt me.
你不会伤害我的。
It is something to be absolutely in awe of no matter how many times it happens.
无论发生多少次,这都是绝对令人敬畏的事情。
What I developed is an appreciation for their vulnerability.
我培养的是对它们脆弱的欣赏。
Ive dedicated a lifetime 26 years and 25 of those have been spent in the water with sharks.
我用了26年的时间,其中有25年是和鲨鱼一起在水里度过的。
We may still be a little bit afraid of sharks but we need sharks.
我们可能仍然有点害怕鲨鱼,但我们需要鲨鱼。
The sharks are vital for balancing the ecosystems and this planet survives on the balance of the oceans.
鲨鱼是平衡生态系统的关键,这个星球依靠海洋的平衡生存。
They have been affected by our fishing by our coastal destruction by our pollution.
我们的捕鱼,我们的海岸破坏,我们的污染,都会影响他们。
This is the um box of hooks that Ive removed through the years.Over 300!I love how they seamlessly swim through the water.
这个盒子里是我这几年取出来的鱼钩。300多个!我喜欢他们天衣无缝地在水里游来游去。
Like my parents taught me “There are no monsters in the sea,
就像我父母教我的,“海洋里没有怪物,
I think sharks are absolutely beautiful!
我觉得鲨鱼非常漂亮!
相关文章
- VOA常速英语:日增20万确诊病例,印度疫情失控
- VOA常速英语:美国驱逐10名俄罗斯外交官
- VOA常速英语:US Marks One Year of Pandemic Shutdown with Hope, Concern
- VOA常速英语:US Senate Nears Vote on $1.9 Trillion Biden COVID Aid Package
- VOA常速英语:What Is Clubhouse and Why Did It Get So Popular?
- VOA常速英语:Thermal Water Helps Recovering COVID Patients
- VOA常速英语:Deadly Drug Overdoses Epidemic Rages On
- VOA常速英语:International Women’s Day Marks Year of Increased Hardships for Women Worldwide
- VOA常速英语:US States Relax Restrictions, Health Officials Warn Against It
- VOA常速英语:Virginia Starts Reopening Schools for In-Person Learning