您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > VOA英语听力下载|VOA news > voa标准英语|美国之音常速英语下载|在线收听
正文
VOA常速英语:A Mother and Teacher in Pandemic
2021-04-01来源:和谐英语
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
诺亚,你要来回答吗?
Um, yeah.
嗯,是的。
Which is more, scared or terrified?
哪个更多一些,害怕还是惊恐?
What in? Show me the one that is more. Scared or terrified?
什么?给我看看哪个更多一些。害怕还是惊恐?
So, teaching first grade virtually and having a child who is virtually learning kindergarten has been pretty interesting.
因此,事实上教一年级,并且有一个孩子实际上正在学习幼儿园,这是相当有趣的。
Very chaotic.Not chaotic in a bad way,chaotic as in theres a lot going on under the roof of our house at one time.
非常混乱。不是那种糟糕的混乱,在我们同一屋檐下,同时发生了很多混乱的事情。
Go ahead and click that blue box.
点击那个蓝色框。
I have 20 students learning and then I have a kindergartner whos also trying to learn.
我有20个学生在学习,还有一个上幼儿园的孩子也在努力学习。
Since he is in kindergarten, he does not know how to, pretty much, login by himself with like the passcode and everything.
因为他还在幼儿园,所以他不知道如何用密码登录。
So, I have his computer on my lap and Im logging him in while Im communicating with my students.
所以,我把他的电脑放在我腿上,当我和我的学生交流时,我登录到我的电脑上。
Im very open with my students.
我对我的学生很开放。
So, I told the adults in the beginning of the year and throughout that I do have a kindergartner at home,
我在年初时告诉家长们,我家里有一个幼儿园的孩子,
and Im here pretty much by myself all day, while my husbands at work.
我整天都一个人在这里,而我丈夫在外工作。
I have to meet with my Ms. James in ten minutes.
我十分钟后要上詹姆斯小姐的课。
Yep, I have an alarm on my phone thats going to tell me, okay.
是的,我手机上有个闹钟会告诉我,好吧。
All right, so youve got ten minutes.
好吧,所以你有十分钟的时间。
You have Bran Flakes in there.
里面有麸片。
I am continuously trying to listen in on his learning as well.
我也一直在旁听他的学习情况。
So, I wear headphones and one headphone is always out, so that I can hear whats going on.
所以我会戴着耳机,而且总有一副耳机是开着的,这样我就能听到发生了什么。
Because if he minimizes his screen, if something happens with his technology,
因为如果他把屏幕最小化,如果他有技术故障,
I need to be able to put my students on mute, tell them give me a second and fix it real quick.
我得把我学生的声音调成静音,告诉他们给我点时间,然后尽快修好。
Seven-year-olds cannot sit for 30 minutes or more.
7岁的孩子坐不住30分钟或更长时间。
I cant sit for 30 minutes or more.
我也不能坐30分钟或更长时间。
So, theres a lot more brain breaks.
所以,大脑有更多的休息时间。
So, were going to go ahead and start our 20 minutes break, okay.
所以,我们先开始休息20分钟,好吗?
Give me a thumbs up. Got it. All right. Go run outside or something. It’s really nice.
给我竖个大拇指。明白了。好吧。到外面去跑步什么的。真的很不错。
It gives enough time for them to use the restroom, eat a snack,
他们有足够的时间上厕所,吃点零食,
play with a toy in their house and then come back and be ready.
在他们的房子里玩一个玩具,然后回来准备好上课。
Um, these crackers for you.
这些饼干是给你的。
Okay.
好吧。
The parents and adults of my students have been phenomenal during this.
我学生的家长们这期间表现得非常出色。
Theyre very supportive and understanding.
他们非常支持和理解。
So, what I want you to think about is, what emotions does The Recess Queen have?
我想让你们思考的是,雷塞斯女王有什么情绪?
And what does the word "bully" mean?
“bully”这个词是什么意思?
Theyre telling me things the students cant tell me.
他们告诉我学生们本不能告诉我的事。 。
For example, "Ms. Ford, youre talking to your son and youre not on mute." Like, things like that.
例如,“福特老师,你在和你儿子说话,而且你没有静音。”嗯,就像这样。
And I think its cool that parents get to understand what youre actually teaching.
我觉得很酷的是,家长们能够理解你在教什么。
It gives me a sense of confidence as well, and it makes me stay on my A game at all times.
这也给了我一种自信,让我时刻保持在最佳状态。
I need you to stretch your faces.
我需要你们做个面部表情。
What? You’re gonna stretch your faces because we’re going to make different faces to figure out if we’re happy, sad, angry.
什么? 你们做个面部表情,因为我们要做不同的表情以示开心、悲伤或愤怒。
Show me angry.
展示一下“生气”的表情。
Being with him every day,I can support him.
每天和他在一起,我可以支持他。
Also understanding my child in a different setting.
也能理解不同的环境下我的孩子。
Its very rare that you get to see your child as a student,
你很少能看到你的孩子作为一个学生的模样,
and its very rare that children get to see their adults and parents as workers.
而且,孩子们很少能看到家长工作的样子。
So, can anyone tell me what we are supposed to be discussing?
有人能告诉我我们应该讨论什么吗?
He can go outside more. He can play more.
他可以多出去走走。他可以有更多玩的时间。
Its lunchtime. We have to eat. We have 20 minutes.
现在是午饭时间。我们吃饭了。我们还有20分钟的时间。
And we just get to have a different relationship than we normally would.
我们之间的关系跟平时不一样了。
You want to share an apple with me?
你想和我分享一个苹果吗?
There are difficulties, dont get me wrong, with balancing home life and work life.
不要误解我的意思,平衡家庭生活和工作生活是有困难的。
As a mom, I like to keep both separate, but theyre now both one.
作为一个母亲,我喜欢把这孩子和学生的角色分开,但现在他们是一个角色了。
Im planning with my teammates for our next part of our day.
我正在和队友们计划今天接下来的时间安排。
I sent a group of books to them through the computer.
我通过电脑给他们展示了一组书。
Online books for the kids to access that have to do with what were learning and reading.
为孩子们提供的在线书籍与我们正在学习和阅读的内容有关。
Kids are very adaptable.
孩子们适应能力很强。
I think that is something, as an adult, I need to also understand.
我想,作为一个成年人,我也需要明白这一点。
Mozzarella pizza.
马苏里拉披萨。
They all have different backgrounds, different things going on at home,
他们都有不同的背景,家里发生的事情不同,
but trying to give them a support in one place and give them encouragement
试图在某一方面给他们支持、鼓励他们,
and knowing that they can do this and we can do it.
让他们知道他们能做到,我们也能做到。
相关文章
- VOA常速英语:日增20万确诊病例,印度疫情失控
- VOA常速英语:美国驱逐10名俄罗斯外交官
- VOA常速英语:US Marks One Year of Pandemic Shutdown with Hope, Concern
- VOA常速英语:US Senate Nears Vote on $1.9 Trillion Biden COVID Aid Package
- VOA常速英语:What Is Clubhouse and Why Did It Get So Popular?
- VOA常速英语:Thermal Water Helps Recovering COVID Patients
- VOA常速英语:Deadly Drug Overdoses Epidemic Rages On
- VOA常速英语:International Women’s Day Marks Year of Increased Hardships for Women Worldwide
- VOA常速英语:US States Relax Restrictions, Health Officials Warn Against It
- VOA常速英语:Virginia Starts Reopening Schools for In-Person Learning