跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第706期:日常简单的问候
How is it going?
How is everything going?
最近怎么样?
You look in a good mood.
你看起来心情很好。
be in a good/bad mood
心情好/差
How have you been getting along?
你们相处怎么样?
get along
进展;相处
It couldn't be worse.
简直不能再糟糕了。
What have you been up to(lately)?
最近在忙什么?
I heard you're doing well.
我听说你发展的不错。
A: Good morning, Cathy.
早上好,凯西。
B: Good morning, John.
早上好,约翰。
A: You look tired, what have you been up to lately?
你看起来很疲惫,最近在忙什么呢?
B: Don't mention it. Something is wrong with one of the projects I'm in charge of, and I've been busy working on it lately. I haven't slept well in days. I just came out of company.
别提了,我负责的一个项目出了问题,我最近忙着解决这件事呢。我已经好几天没好好睡觉了,我刚从公司出来。
"Don't mention it".作“别提了”,表示对某种情况很不满或很无奈;作“别客气”解多用来对别人感谢做出回应。
"in charge of"意为“负责”,表示主动,其主语只能是人,而in the charge of意为“负责”,常用主动形式表被动,主语是事物。比如:I'm in charge of this project. This project is in the charge of me.我负责这个项目。
A: I know your work is important, but health is more important. If you go on like this, your body will break down.
我知道你的工作很重要,但是身体更重要啊,你再这样下去身体会垮掉的。
break down可以表示“身体垮掉”,“机器坏掉”等
B: Well, my problem at work has been solved. I have taken two days off and I'll have a good rest.
我工作上的问题已经解决了,我请了两天假,好好休息一下。
take days off意为“休几天假”,ask for leave意为“请假”,be on leave意为 “休假”
A: That's good. My daughter is back from abroad, and I'm going to pick her up at the airport. But what is even worse is that my car breaks down, so I have to take a taxi.
那就好,我女儿从国外回来了,我要去机场接他,但是倒霉的是我的车坏了,我只好打出租车了。
pick sb up意为“接送某人”;What is even worse意为“更糟糕的是”
B: I can drive you there.
我开车送你去。
A: Come on. You'd better go home and get some rest.
得了吧,你还是赶紧回家休息吧。
B: All right. Bye.
那好吧,再见。
相关文章
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第804期:去蹦极
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第803期:庆祝春节
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第802期:"in case of"和"in case"有什么区别?
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第801期:“minute”还有这层意思
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第800期:如何委婉提出离婚
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第799期:做瑜伽
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第798期:谈论薪水
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第797期:周末安排
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第796期:商务预约
- 跟艾米丽一起学口语(MP3+文本) 第795期:欢迎新同事