快捷之路交际英语第二册第2课
《快捷之路交际英语》快速提高你的交际口语,不让英语成为绊脚石 。
What’s New with You?
有什么新鲜事吗?
A. So what’s new with you?
那么,有什么新鲜事吗?
B. Nothing much. How about you?
没什么。你呢?
A. Well, actually, I have some good news.
哎,我的确有个好消息。
B. Really? What?I just got a big raise.
真的吗?什么消息?我刚刚加了一大级薪水。
B. You did? That’s great! Congratulations!
你加了薪水?太棒了?恭喜你了!
Is Anything Wrong?
出了什么事吗?
A. You seem upset. Is anything wrong?
你脸色不大高兴,出什么事了吗?
B. Yes, as a matter of fact there is.Oh? What?
是的,出了点事。噢,什么事?
B. I got a ticket for speeding on my way to work this morning.
今天早晨我在上班的路上,车速太快被罚了款。
A. You did? That’s too bad! I’m very sorry to hear that.
你罚了款?太糟糕了!听到这真遗憾。
Can I Ask You a Question?
我可以问你一件事吗?
A. Mohammed?Yes?Can I ask you a question?Sure. What?
默罕穆德?嗯?我可以问你一件事吗?当然。什么事?
A. Is our English teacher going to quit?
我们的英语教师是要辞职吗?
B. No! Our English teacher isn’t going to quit.
不!我们的英语教师没有要辞职啊!
At least not as far as I know. Where did you hear that?
至少就我所知是这样。你在哪里听说的?
A. Some students were talking about it in the hallway.
有些学生在走廊里谈论此事。
B. Well, I can’t believe it’s true.I’m sure it’s just a rumor.
嗯,我不相信这是真的。我肯定这只是谣传。
What Are You Going to Do This Weekend?
这个周末你打算做什么?
A. What are you going to do this weekend?
这个周末你打算做什么?
B. My husband and I are going to repaint the kitchen.
我丈夫和我准备把厨房重新粉刷一遍。
A. Repaint the kitchen?Yes.
重新粉刷厨房?对啊。
A. Well, you’re certainly going to be busy!
哈,那你们一定会很忙的。
B. I suppose so. How about you?
我想差不多。你呢?
What are YOUR plans for the weekend?
你的周末计划是什么?
A. I’m not sure. I’ll probably visit my grandchildren.
我还没想好。也许会去看望我的孙子们。
B. Well, have a good weekend!You, too.
好啊,祝你周末愉快。你也一样。
INTERCHANGE
替换练习
Tell Me a Little About Yourself
跟我谈点你的情况
A. So, tell me a little about yourself.
那么,跟你谈点你的情况吧。
B. Gee-uh ... I don’t know where to begin.
哎-呃......我不知从何说起。
What do you want to know?
你想知道什么呢?
A. Well ... Are you originally from around here?
这个......你就是此地人吗?
B. No, I’m originally from Chicago.
不,我老家在芝加哥。
I was born there and grew up there and went to school there.
我在那儿出生,在那儿长大的,也在那儿上的学。
I moved here after I graduated from college. How about you?
大学毕业后,我就搬到这儿来了。你呢?
A. Me?Yes. Where are you from?
我?是啊?你是哪里人?
I was born right here in Los Angeles and lived here until finished high school.
我就是此地洛杉矶生的,直到高中毕业都住这儿。
Then I lived in Denver for several years and moved back here just a year ago.
后来在丹佛住了几年,一年前才又迁了回来。
B. I see. How about your family?My family?
原来是这样。你的家庭呢?我的家庭?
B. Yes. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
对。你有兄弟姐妹吗?
A. Uh-huh. I have a brother and two sisters.
嗯,我有一个哥哥,两个姐姐。
They all live in San Diego. How about you?
他们都住在圣迭戈。你呢?
B. I have a sister. She lives in Cleveland.
我有一个妹妹,住在克利夫兰。
A. By the way, what do you do?I’m a journalist. And you?
顺便问一句,你是做什么的?我是记者,你呢?
A. I’m a dentist.A dentist? That’s interesting.
牙科医生。牙科医生?有意思。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇