快捷之路交际英语第二册第14课
《快捷之路交际英语》快速提高你的交际口语,不让英语成为绊脚石 。
Is Parking Permitted Here?
这里允许停车吗?
A. Is Parking permitted here?
这里允许停车吗?
B. Yes, it is.Thanks.
是的,允许。谢谢。
A. Are people allowed to swim here?
这里允许游泳吗?
B. No, they aren’t.Oh, okay. Thanks.
不,不允许。噢,好吧。谢谢。
No Smoking on the Bus
公共汽车内禁止吸烟
A. Excuse me, but I don’t think you’re allowed to smoke on the bus.
对不起,我想公共汽车内是禁止吸烟的。
B. Oh?Yes. There’s sign over there that says so.
噢?是的。那儿有个标牌这样写的。
B. Hmm.I guess I didn’t notice it.Thanks for telling me.
嗯,我想我没注意。谢谢您告诉我。
A. You’re welcome.
不用谢。
Let Me See Your License
让我看看您的驾驶执照
A. Let me see your license.
让我看看您的驾驶执照。
B. Here you are, Officer. Tell me, what did I do wrong?
给您,警官。告诉我,我哪儿做错了?
A. You were speeding.I was?
您超速了。是吗?
A. Yes, you were.Oh. I didn’t realize that.
是的。噢,我还没在意呢。
Would you possibly be willing to let me go with just a warning this time?
这次就给个警告放我走吧,您看行吗?
A. No. I’m afraid I can’t. I’m going to have to give you a ticket.
不,恐怕不行。我要给您一张罚款单。
B. Oh.
噢。
You Really Shouldn’t Have Gone Through That Red Light
你真不该闯红灯
A. You know ... I don’t want to be a "back seat driver,"
你知道......我不想“指手划脚”,
but you really shouldn’t have gone through that red light.
不过你真不该闯红灯的。
B. Oh?Yes. You could have gotten a ticket.
噢?是的。你会被罚款的。
B. Hmm. You’re right.
嗯,你说得对。
I guess I just went through that red light without thinking.
我刚才还没意识到就开过红灯了。
Your Teacher Called Today
你们老师今天来电话了
A. Johnny?Yes?
约翰尼?什么事?
A. Your teacher called today.
你们老师今天来电话了。
B. Really? What did she say?
真的吗?她说什么了?
She said you were doing poorly in social studies this marking period.
她说这个记分段你的社会学科成绩很差。
Is that true?Yes, it is. I meant to tell you, but I forgot.
是真的吗?是的。我本想告诉你的,可是忘了。
Could You Please Write a Note to Try Gym Teacher?
请你给我们的体操老师写个条子好吗?
A. Could you please write a note to my gym teacher?
请你给我们体操老师写个条子好吗?
B. To your gym teacher? Why? What do you want me to say?
给你们体操老师?为什么?你想要我写什么?
Could you ask her to excuse me from gym today because I have a sore ankle?
你能说因为我的踝骨疼痛,请她今天准我假不去做体操吗?
B. All right.Thanks.
好吧。谢谢。
A. Could you please write a note to my teacher?
请你给我们的老师写个条子好吗?
B. To your teacher? Why? What do you want me to say?
给你们的老师?为什么?你想要我写什么?
Could you tell him I couldn’t do my homework last night because I didn’t feel well?
你能告诉他,因为我昨晚不舒服,所以没做家庭作业吗?
B. All right.Thanks.
好吧。谢谢。
I’m Glad You Could Come to Our "Open House" Parents’ Night
我很高兴您能参加我们的“开放之家”家长晚会
A. Hello. I’m Mrs. Johnson.
您好,我是约翰森太太。
B. Oh! You must be Lucy’s mother!
噢!您一定是露西的母亲吧!
A. Yes,I am. Nice to meet you.Nice meeting you, too.
是的。很高兴见到你。我也是。
I’m glad you could come to our "Open House" parents’ night.
我很高兴您能参加我们的“开放之家”家长晚会。
Do you have any questions you’d like to ask me?
您有什么要问吗?
A. Yes, as a matter of fact.
是的,确实有。
I was wondering whether you’re pleased with Lucy’s work so far this year.
我不知道您对露西今年到目前为止的学习满意吗?
B. Yes. She’s one of the best students in the class.
很满意。她是班上优等生之一。
INTERCHANG
替换练习
I Just Received My Grades
我刚拿到成绩单
A. I just received my grades.How did you do?
我刚拿到成绩单。怎么样?
A. Well, I got an A in History. I got a B plus (B+) in English.
这个,我的历史得了个A,英语得了个B+,
I received a B minus (B-) in Calculus. And I got a C in Biology.
微积分得了个B-,生物学得了个C。
B. Is that what you expected?
这是你预料之中的吗?
A. Well, not really. I knew I would get an A in History,
嗯,也不完全是。我知道我的历史会得A。
and I was expecting to get a B plus in English.
我也料到英语会得B+。
As far as Calculus is concerned, I suppose I deserved a B minus.
至于微积分,我猜我会得B-。
But I really don’t think I should have gotten a C in Biology.
不过我确实认为我的生物学不该得C。
A.Oh? Yes. It seems to me I should have done better than that.
噢?是的,我觉得我好象做得比这评分要好些。
A. I just received the results of my performance evaluation.
我刚拿到业务考评单。
B. How did you do?
你做得怎么样?
A. Well, I was rated "Excellent" for Punctuality.
唔,准时被评为“优秀”,
I was rated "Good" for Efficiency.
效率被评为“良好,”
I was given a rating of "Fair" for Cooperation.
合作给评了个“尚好”,
And I was rated "Poor" for Attitude.Is that what you expected?
态度被评为“差”。这是你预料之中的吗?
Well, not really. I knew I would be rated "Excellent" for Punctuality,
唔,不完全是。我知道我的准时会评为“优秀”,
and I was expecting to be rated "Good" for Efficiency.
我料到我的效率会评为“良好”,
As far as Cooperation is concerned,
至于合作嘛,
I suppose I deserved to be given a rating of "Fair".
我猜到我会得一个“尚好”,
But I really don’t think I should have been rated "Poor" for Attitude.
不过我实在认为我的态度不应该得“差”。
A.Oh? Yes. It seems to me I should have done better than that.
噢?是的。我觉得我好象做得比这评语要好些。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇