快捷之路交际英语第二册第18课:Traffic is Terrible Today, Isn’t It
《快捷之路交际英语》快速提高你的交际口语,不让英语成为绊脚石 。
Traffic is Terrible Today, Isn’t It
今天的交通你说糟不糟
A. Traffic is terrible today, isn’t is.
今天的交通你说糟不糟。
A. Excuse me?I was just saying traffic is terrible today.
对不起?我刚才是说今天的交通太糟了。
B. Oh, yes. It is.
噢。对,是的。
Excuse Me for Interrupting
对不起打扰您了
A. Excuse me for interrupting, but your mother is here to see you.
对不起打扰您了,您母亲在这里要见您。
B. Did you say my brother?No. Your mother.
你是说我兄弟?不,您母亲。
B. Oh, okay. Thank you.
噢,好的,谢谢你。
Let Me Put It This Way n
让我这么说吧
A. Next year’s budget does not include funds for your position.
明年预算不包括你的职位款项。
B. I’m afraid I’m not following you.
我怕是没听懂你的意思。
A. Let me put it this way: We’re going to have to let you go.
让我这么说吧:我们将只好让你走了。
B. Oh, now I understand.
噢,现在我懂了。
What You’re Really Saying
你其实是在说
A. It seems a little stuffy in here today.
今天这里好象有点不通气啊。
B. What you’re really saying is you want me to stop smoking.
你其实是在说你想让我别抽烟了。
A. No. That’s not true.
不,不是的。
I didn’t say I wanted you to stop smoking.
我没说我想让你别抽烟,
I just said it seemed a little stuffy in here today.Oh.
我只是说今天这里好象有点不通气。噢。
I’ve Really Got to Go Now
我现在真得走了
A. By the way, what time is it?It’s almost 6:00.
顺便问一下,现在几点了?快到6点了。
A. 6:00?! I didn’t realize it was so late.I didn’t either.
6点?!我没想到会这么晚了。我也没想到。
A. I’ve really got to go now. I have to catch my bus.
我现在真得走了。我必须赶上我们那班公共汽车。
B. Oh! You’d better hurry! See you soon.
噢!你最好快一点!回见。
I’m Glad We Had a Chance to Talk
很高兴我们有了一个谈话的机会
A. It’s been really nice seeing you again.
又见到你真是太好了。
B. Yes, it has. I’m glad we had a chance to talk.
是的,是这样。很高兴我们有了一个谈话的机会。
A. So am I. You know, I think I should be going now.
我也一样高兴。你知道,我想我该走了。
I’ve got to pick up my daughter at the day-care center.
我得去日托中心接我的女儿。
B. Well, let’s keep in touch.Okay. I’ll call you.
好吧,多多联系。好的。我会打电话给你的。
B. Take it easy.Good-bye.
保重。再见。
INTERCHANG
替换练习
It Seems to Me ...
我似乎觉得......
You know ... it seems to me that we had too much conversation practice
你知道......我似乎觉得我们英语课的对话练习太多了,
and not enough grammar in our English class.
而语法讲得不够。
Wouldn’t you agree?
你同意吗?
B. I’m not so sure. Why do you feel that way?
我不敢肯定。你为什么有这种感觉?
Grammar rules are the most important things to learn in a new language.
在学一种新语言时,语法规则是最重要的东西,
Don’t you think so?
你不是这样认为吗?
B. Well, I wish I could agree with you, but if you ask me,
这个,我但愿能同意你的观点,不过,在我看来,
conversation practice is much more useful than studying grammar rules.
对话练习远比学习语法规则有用得多。
A. Oh? What makes you say that?
噢?你为什么这么说呢?
B. It prepares us to really communicate with people.
对话练习能培养我们与人们进行实际交流的能力。
A. Hmm. That’s a good point.
嗯,有道理。