快捷之路交际英语第二册第8课
《快捷之路交际英语》快速提高你的交际口语,不让英语成为绊脚石 。
Could You Show Me How?
你能教我怎么做吗?
A. How’s your first day on the job going?
你第一天上班干得怎么样?
B. Fine.I’m glad to hear that. Tell me,
很好。听你这么说我很高兴。告诉我,
have you ever used a floor-polishing machine before?
你以前用过地板擦光机吗?
B. No, I haven’t. Could you show me how?
没用过。你能教我怎么做吗?
A. Certainly. First, spray the wax on the floor.I see.
当然可以。首先,在地板上铺上蜡。我明白。
A. Then, press in here to turn the machine on. Okay so far?
然后,按这里,开动机器,这些都清楚吗?
B. I follow you.
清楚了。
A. Then, polish the floor with a back-and-forth motion like this.
然后,就这样来回移动机器擦地板。
Do you think you’ve got that?Yes.I’m sure I won’t have any trouble.
你觉得记住了吗?是的,我肯定没问题了。
A. Make sure you let me know if you have any questions.
如有问题一定要让我知道啊。
B. I will. Thanks.
我会的,谢谢。
Could You Possibly Tell Me How?
你是不是能告诉我怎么做?
A. Sally?Yes, George?
萨利?嗳,乔治?
A. Could you please help me for a minute?
你能帮帮我吗?
B. Sure. What is it?
当然可以,什么事?
A. I’m afraid I don’t know how to transfer a call to another office.
我恐怕不会转接电话到另一办公室。
Could you possibly tell me how?
你是不是能告诉我怎么转?
I’d be glad to. First, press the red button to put the caller on "hold."
我很乐意。首先,揿下红钮,让来电话的人别挂掉电话。
Then, dial the extension of the other office. After that ...
然后,拨另一个办公室的分机号,然后......
A. Excuse me. I didn’t get the second step.
对不起,第二步没听清,
Could you please repeat it?
请你再说一遍好吗?
B. Sure. After you press the red button to put the caller on "hold,"
当然可以。你揿下红钮让来电话的人不挂上电话,以后,
you dial the extension of the other office.
你拨另一个办公室的分机号。
A. Okay. Now I’m following you. And what do I do after that?
好了,现在我明白了。然后再怎么做呢?
B. Tell the other office they have a call.Uh-huh.
告诉那个办公室有电话找。嗯。
B. And finally, hang up and the call will be transferred.
最后,挂上电话,那个电话就会转过去了。
A. Okay. Let me see if I’ve got that right.
好的,让我想想是不是都记住了。
First, I press the red button to put the caller on "hold."
首先,我揿下红钮让来电话的人不挂电话,
Then, I dial the extension of the other office.Um-hmm.
然后,我拨另一办公室的分机号。嗯。
A. After that, I tell the other office they have a call.
然后,我告诉那个办公室有电话找。
And finally, I hang up and the call will be transferred.
最后,我挂掉电话,那个电话就转过去了。
B. Good. You’ve got it.Thanks very much.
好,你已经学会了。谢谢你了。
B. You’re welcome.
不客气。
Could You Check to See If I’ve Done It Right?
你能看一看我做得对不对吗?
A. Clara?Yes?
克拉拉?有事吗?
A. Could I ask you a favor?Sure. What is it?
我能请你帮个忙吗?当然可以,什么事?
A. I’ve just taken up a hem for the first time.
我刚刚第一次做折边,
Could you check to see if I’ve done it right?
你能看一看我做得对不对吗?
B. Hmm. Well, actually, I don’t think you took it up exactly right.
嗯,这个,实话说吧,我觉得你做得不大对。
A. Oh, I see. Do you think you could show me how?Sure. I’d be happy to.
噢,我知道了。你能不能教教我?可以,我很乐意。
A. I’m really sorry to bother you, but since I’m new here ...
我实在不好意思麻烦你,可是我新来乍到......
B. Oh, it’s no bother at all. I’m glad to help.
噢,一点也不麻烦,我愿意帮忙。
Have You Given Out the Paychecks Yet?
你已经把工资发了吗?
A. Have you given out the paychecks yet?
你已经把工资发了吗?
B. No, I haven’t. I was planning to give them out this afternoon.
不,还没有,我准备今天下午发的。
A. Please do it as soon as possible.
请你尽快发掉,
The paychecks are supposed to be given out before lunch hour.
工资是应该在中饭前发的。
B. I’m sorry. I didn’t know that. I’ll do it right away.
对不起,我还不知道。我马上就发。
Please Take These Bills to Alan in Accounting
请把这些票据送给财务处的阿兰
A. Tracy? Please take these bills to Alan in Accounting.
特蕾西?请把这些票据送给财务处的阿兰。
B. To Alan in Accounting?Yes.
财务处的阿兰?对。
I’m sorry, but I’m still a little new here and I don’t know where his office is.
对不起,我在这里还不是很熟,我不知道他的办公室在哪里。
A. It’s Room 241 on the second floor.Okay. I’ll do it right away.
在二楼241房间。好的,我马上就去。
Could You Please Tell Me Why There Are So Many Deductions from My Salary?
请您告诉我为什么我的工资扣除了这么多?
A. Excuse me. May I ask you a question?Yes. What is it?
对不起,我可以提个问题吗?可以,什么事?
A. Could you please tell me why there are so many deductions from my salary?
请您告诉我为什么我的工资扣除了这么多?
B. Yes. We’re required to deduct taxes and Social Security.
是的,我们得按要求扣除税收和社会保险。
A. Taxes and Social Security?Yes, that’s right.
税收和社会保险?对,是这样。
A. I see. Thanks very much.
原来如此。谢谢。
It’s Required
这是要求
A. Can I ask you a question?Sure.
我可以问你一个问题吗?可以。
Do you by any chance know if we always need to wear these protective glasses?
你是不是知道我们有必要总是戴着这副防护镜吗?
B. Yes. It’s required. It’s a factory safety rule.Oh. I see.
对。这是要求。这是厂里的一条安全规则。噢,原来如此。
INTERCHANG
替换练习
How Was Your First Week Here at "Five-Star Electronics"?
你在“五星电子公司”第一周上班情况怎么样?
A. So how was your first week here at "Five Star Electronics"?
那么你在“五星电子公司”第一周上班情况怎么样?
B. Fine. Everything went very well.
很好,一切顺利。
A. Good. Tell me, are you having trouble with anything?
好,告诉我,遇到什么麻烦了吗?
B. Well, since I hadn’t given sales presentations before,
这个,因为我以前没做过推销演示,
that was a little difficult at first.
所以一开始有些难处,
But now I think I’ve learned how.I’m glad to hear that. Tell me,
不过现在我想我已经学会了。听你这么说我很高兴。告诉我,
do you have any questions about anything?
有什么问题想问吗?
B. As a matter of fact, I do have one,
其实我还真有一个问题。
but I don’t want to bother you with it now.No bother. What’s your question?
不过我现在不想来打扰您。没关系。什么问题啊?
Well, could you tell me whether a dental plan is included in our health insurance?
这个,您能告诉我,牙医费用是否包括在健康保险里吗?
A. Not at the present time.I see.
目前还不包括。我明白了。
A. Anything else?No, I don’t think so.
还有什么吗?没有了。
A. Well, if you have any questions or problems in the future,
好的,如果你以后有任何问题或困难,
please don’t hesitate to let me know.
请尽管直说。
B. Thank you.
谢谢。
I think I’m really going to enjoy working here at "Five Star Electronics."
我觉得我确实会喜欢上在“五星电子公司”工作的。
A. We’re glad to have you with us.
我们很高兴与你共事。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇