快捷之路交际英语第二册第10课
《快捷之路交际英语》快速提高你的交际口语,不让英语成为绊脚石 。
You Must Be Our New Neighbor
你一定是我们的新邻居吧
A. Oh, hello. You must be our new neighbor.
哦,你好。你一定是我们的新邻居吧。
B. Yes,that’s right.Let me introduce myself.
是的,不错。让我来自我介绍一下。
I’m Jane, your neighbor across the street.
我叫珍妮,跟你是对街邻居。
B. Nice to meet you. My name is Wendy.
很高兴认识你。我叫温蒂。
A. Tell me, when did you move in?Yesterday.
告诉我,你什么时候搬来的?昨天。
A. Well, if there’s anything I can do to help,
那么,如果你有什么需要我帮忙的地方,
please let me know.Thanks very much.I appreciate it.
请尽管说。多谢了,你真客气。
I Just Moved In
我刚搬来
A. Excuse me. I’m sorry to bother you.
对不起,打扰您了。
Could you possibly tell me if there’s a post office nearby?
您能告诉我附近有邮局吗?
B. Yes. There’s a post office two blocks up the street.
好的,沿这条街走两个街区就有一个。
A. Two blocks up the street?
沿这条街走两个街区?
B. Uh-huh. Are you new here?Yes. I just moved in.
嗯。您是新来的吗?是的,我刚搬来。
A. Excuse me. I’m sorry to bother you.
对不起,打扰您了。
Could you possibly tell me when they pick up the garbage?
您能告诉我他们收垃圾的时间吗?
B. Yes. They pick it up on Friday mornings.
好的。他们每星期五早晨来收。
A. On Friday mornings?
星期五早晨?
B. Uh-huh. Are you new here?Yes. I just moved in.
嗯。您是新来的吗?是的,我刚搬来。
Are You Allowed to Park in Front of the Building?
这幢楼前可以停车吗?
A. Are you allowed to park in front of the building?
这幢楼前能停车吗?
B. Yes, you are.Thanks.
是的,可以停。谢谢。
A. Is it okay to leave a bicycle in the hallway?
把自行车放在走廊行吗?
B. No, it isn’t.Oh, okay. Thanks.
不,不行。噢,那好。谢谢。
Can I Help You Carry Those Grocery Bags Upstairs?
我能帮你把这些杂货袋拿上楼吗?
A. Can I help you carry those grocery bags upstairs?
我能帮你把这些杂货袋拿上楼吗?
B. Sure. If you don’t mind.
可以啊,如果你不介意的话。
A. No, not at all. I’d be glad to give you a hand.
不,一点也不。我很乐意帮你忙。
B. Thanks. I appreciate it.
谢谢。你真客气。
Could You Possibly Lend Me a Cup of Sugar?
你能不能借给我一杯糖?
A. Could I ask you a favor?
我可以求你个事吗?
B. What is it?
什么事?
A. Could you possibly lend me a cup of sugar?
你能不能给我一杯糖?
B. Okay.
行啊。
A. Are you sure? I don’t want to trouble you.
真的吗?我不是想给你添麻烦。
B. No problem. I’d the happy to.
没事,我很乐意。
A. Thanks. I appreciate it.
谢谢了。真不好意思。
What Do You Know About Radiators?
你了解暖气设备的散热器吗?
A. Hello, Alberto? This is Kim.
喂,阿尔伯托?我是吉姆。
Tell me, what do you know about radiators?Radiators?
告诉我,你了解暖气设备的散热器吗?散热器?
A. Yes. I’ve got a radiator that isn’t working right.
是的。我有一个散热器出了点毛病。
B. What’s wrong with it?
什么毛病?
A. There’s no heat coming out of it.
不送热了。
Do you have any suggestions?
你看有什么办法吗?
B. Well, maybe you should turn the valve a few times.
这个,也许你应当扭几下阀门。
A. I’ve tried turning the valve a few times, but that didn’t work.
我试过扭阀门,但没用。
B. Oh. Well, how about kicking it?
噢,那么,踢一踢呢?
A. I’ve tried kicking it, but that didn’t work either.
我也试过,也不行。
B. Well, Kim, can I offer you some advice?
那么,吉姆, 我可以提个建议吗?
A. Sure.What?
当然可以,是什么?
B. I think you should call the superintendent.
我认为你应当打电话给门房。
A. You’re probably right. Thanks.
你也许是对的。谢谢。
Could You Tell Me If You Fix Kitchen Sinks?
请您告诉我你们修理厨房水池吗?
A. County Plumbing and Heating.
县管道暖气公司。
B. Hello. Could you tell me if you fix kitchen sinks?
喂,请您告诉我,你们修理厨房水池吗?
A. Yes. What’s the problem?
是的,有什么问题?
B. Water is leaking all over my kitchen floor.
水漏了我厨房一地。
A. Well, we can send one of our plumbers at four o’clock this afternoon.
好吧。我们可以派一个管道工今天下午4点钟去。
Will someone be home then?
到时有人在家吗?
B. At four o’clock this afternoon? I’ll be here.
今天下午4点?我会在家。
A. Okay. What’s the name?Charles Franklin.
好的,您的姓名?查尔斯 . 富兰克林。
A. And the address?74 College Street.
地址呢?学院街74号。
A. Phone number?396-2465.
电话号码?396-2465。
A. All right, Mr. Franklin.
行了,富兰克林先生。
We’ll have a plumber there at four o’clock this afternoon.
今天下午4点我们会有一个管道工去那儿。
B. Thanks very much.
非常感谢。
INTERCHANG
替换练习
I Think I’ve Figured Out What the Problem Is with Your Hot Water Heater
我想我已找出您的热水器的毛病来了
Well, Mr. Prescott.
咳,普莱斯考特先生,
I think I’ve figured out what the problem is with your hot water heater.
我想我已找出你的热水器的毛病来了。
B. Oh? What?The thermostat is burnt out.
噢?什么毛病?恒温器烧坏了。
B. The thermostat is burnt out? Hmm.
恒温器烧坏了?唔,
What needs to be done to fix it?
需要什么才能修好?
Well, I’m going to have to replace the thermostat and put in a few new wires.
是这样,我得换掉这个恒温器,接几条新电线。
B. Could I ask you how much that will cost?
我能问问要花多少钱吗?
A. Well, let me see ... The parts will cost about eighteen dollars.
这个......让我想想......零件要花18块,
And it should take around thirty minutes to do the work,
这件活大概要用半个小时,
so the labor will be about twenty dollars.
那么劳务费是20元上下,
We’re talking about a total cost of about thirty-eight dollars.
总共在一起就算38元吧。
B. Thirty-eight dollars?
38元?
A. Yes. Do you want me to go ahead and fix it?
是啊,你愿意让我修吗?
B. I guess so.
那就修吧。
Okay. I’ll have your hot water heater working like new in no time at all!
好的。我会让您的热水器立时整旧如新的
- 上一篇
- 下一篇