您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > VOA英语听力下载|VOA news > voa标准英语|美国之音常速英语下载|在线收听
正文
VOA常速英语:This Too is Food
2020-04-02来源:和谐英语
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
看到这个了吗?
This is what we always threw away, forever.
这就是我们做饭的时候经常会扔掉的部分。
It was rare that you see anybody using it.
很少会有人用这个来烹饪。
My name is Todd Gray.
我叫托德·格雷。
Im the chef and co-owner of Equinox restaurant with my wife Ellen Kassoff.
我是Equinox餐厅的厨师,我和我的妻子艾伦·卡索夫共同经营着这家餐厅。
We have almost as much discarded trim as we do what we would call yield.
我们丢弃的食材几乎和我们所做的成品一样多。
I think about four years ago, Ellen really was the catalyst.
我觉得大概是在四年前,艾伦催生了这一想法。
So she was saying, hey, you know,we really need to be a little more careful with the waste that were doing.
她说,嘿,我们真的需要更加谨慎地处理我们所造成的食材浪费。
We really need to look into composting.
我们真的需要研究一下把食材混合起来。
When youre married, you know as a couple,things can get much more deeply rooted into the philosophy,into the mind of the people running the company than if you were a big corporation.
两个人结婚后,相比较经营一家大公司,作为一对夫妻之间的事情会更深地扎根于公司的哲学和管理人员的头脑中。
You cant lay in bed at night and have your pillow talk about reducing trash in the restaurant.
你不能晚上躺在床上,用枕边聊天的方式去谈论如何减少餐厅里的垃圾。
Its always been part of our culture, the kitchen culture, depending the training for a chef,they always taught you to never throw anything in the trash.
这一直是我们厨房文化的一部分,它取决于厨师的培训,他们总是教你永远不要把任何东西扔进垃圾桶。
What we can do at this point is nice little cuts.
在这一点上我们能做的就是把它们切成漂亮的形状。
So we cut them like this.
所以我们把它们切成这个样子。
Theyre crunchy.
它们很脆。
But once you saute them, they become soft.
但是经过炒制之后,它们就会变软。
Its all of the mushrooms stem, leaves, skins of the of the onions,shallots that are a little too ripe, celery trim,things that we accumulate over a couple of days.
这些都是蘑菇茎、叶子、洋葱皮、有点熟过头的葱、芹菜叶,这些都是我们在几天内积累起来的东西。
Every morning, this is the next step.
每天早上我们都会进行这一步骤。
We put the vegetables on the fire with some water, and theres our vegetable broth.
我们把蔬菜放到水中,开火,做成了蔬菜汤。
The Swiss chard stems which I thought the ideal thing to do,would be to take the stems and do something with them.
对于瑞士甜菜的茎,我认为最理想的做法是,用它们的茎做点什么。
So why dont we tempura fry them and serve them with a simple dipping sauce,some spices and some crystal, some salt crystals?
我们为什么不把它们像做天妇罗一样炸一下,配上简单的蘸酱,一些香料和一些盐晶呢?
Weve trained everyone now that, you know, no food,as weve been cutting, prepping, ends up in the trash.
我们对每位厨师都进行了培训,告诉他们我们切的菜、备的菜,都不可以有扔进垃圾桶的部分。
相关文章
- VOA常速英语:日增20万确诊病例,印度疫情失控
- VOA常速英语:美国驱逐10名俄罗斯外交官
- VOA常速英语:US Marks One Year of Pandemic Shutdown with Hope, Concern
- VOA常速英语:US Senate Nears Vote on $1.9 Trillion Biden COVID Aid Package
- VOA常速英语:What Is Clubhouse and Why Did It Get So Popular?
- VOA常速英语:Thermal Water Helps Recovering COVID Patients
- VOA常速英语:Deadly Drug Overdoses Epidemic Rages On
- VOA常速英语:International Women’s Day Marks Year of Increased Hardships for Women Worldwide
- VOA常速英语:US States Relax Restrictions, Health Officials Warn Against It
- VOA常速英语:Virginia Starts Reopening Schools for In-Person Learning