和谐英语

VOA常速英语:She Knows Faces

2020-06-15来源:和谐英语

My name is Belinda.
我叫Belinda。
I am volunteering my time to photograph and document families during the pandemic.
在疫情期间,我自愿花时间拍摄和记录了一些家庭。
And how long have you guys lived here?
你们在这里住了多久了?
Twenty-eight years.
二十八年了。
Wow.
哇。
Kind of new to this but loving it so far and meeting a lot of fabulous people.
这是一种全新的体验,但我很喜欢,也认识了很多很棒的人。
Im a dental hygienist by day.
我白天是牙科保健员。
The dental field is shut down with the limitations to only emergency.
牙科被关闭,只是紧急情况时开放。
It gave me purpose, spread kindness and I can do something that I love to do.
这给了我目标,传播善意,我可以做一些我喜欢做的事情。
Look here.Whoo!
看这儿。哇哦!
Shes like, "Youre crazy.Youre crazy."
她会说,“夸张了。夸张了。”
Right there. Ready? Ready? What are you doing?
看这里。准备好了吗?准备好了吗?你在干什么?
Theyve been just in their own little bubble.
他们只是在自己的小空间里。
And so, to have somebody come outside and just interact with them and then bring them out.
所以,让一些人走到外面,和他们互动,然后把他们带出来。
Oh, my goodness.Did you see him go like that?
哦,我的天啊。你看到他那样走了吗?
My day job as a hygienist requires me to read people and to kind of be flexible in going with what makes them most comfortable.
作为一名卫生员,我的日常工作要求我读懂人们的想法,并灵活地选择让他们感到最舒服的方式。
Come here, sweetie pie.
过来,亲爱的。
Oh, my God.Are you kidding me right now?Oh, my God.
天哪。你开玩笑吧?天哪。
Everyone brings something unique with every photo, which I find really fascinating.
每个人的每张照片都有一些独特的东西,我觉得很吸引人。
I think the important part of this also is the documentation for their family.
我认为这其中最重要的部分是记录他们的家庭。
Children will go back."Look at my great grandma.
孩子们会回头看的。“看看我的曾祖母。
This was during the pandemic of 2020. Look what they did."
这是在2020年大流行期间。看看他们做了什么。”
What do you want to do?
你想做什么?
The rainbow.
彩虹。
Silly face.Silly face.
脸好傻。脸好傻。
This pandemic has kind of slowed everyone down.
这场疫情让每个人都慢了下来。
The light in this whole thing is the reconnecting of the basics of humanity with each other and thats what I like about it.
整个事情好的一面是重新把人与人之间的基本原则联系起来,这就是我喜欢它的地方。
Im meeting all these people that would not meet otherwise and how kind everyone has been.
我见了所有这些本来不会见面的人,而且每个人都很友好。
Oh, my God.So much kindness and so many interesting people.
天哪。这么多善良的人,这么多有趣的人。
Big, little, four legs, two legs.
大的,小的,四条腿的,两条腿的。
I find, you know, what makes people tick?
我发现…… 你知道……是什么让人兴奋?
You know, what brings out the good side, the bad side?
你知道,是什么带来了好的一面和坏的一面?
I think were all good. I think were all good.
我想我们都很好。我想我们都很好。
We just have bad days and you got to forgive somebody for those bad days.
我们只是有不好的日子,你必须接受那些不好的日子。