和谐英语

VOA常速英语:Learning a New Game

2020-07-21来源:和谐英语
All right, lets get started.
好了,我们开始吧。
Hi, Im Nour Roberts. Im 14 and I go to Cooper Middle.
嗨,我是诺尔·罗伯茨。我14岁了,在库珀中学上学。
My name is Rajan Agarwal and Im currently a student at the University of Maryland.
我叫拉詹·阿加瓦尔,目前是马里兰大学的学生。
My name is Justin White. I teach 7th grade Social Studies.
我叫贾斯汀·怀特,教七年级的社会学。
My name is Mohit Gupta and Im 28 years old. And Im an MBA student at Georgetown University, McDonough School of Business.
我叫莫希特·古普塔,今年28岁。我是乔治敦大学麦克唐纳商学院的MBA学生。
I am on class with my Civics teacher and shes reviewing last weeks assignments.
我在和我的公民课老师一起上课,她正在讲评上周的作业。
My distance learning experience so far has been kind of lame.
到目前为止,我的远程学习体验有点糟糕。
And that is because were doing online school at our homes by ourselves.
这是因为我们只能自己在家里在线学习
And you dont get to see your friends and your whole entire social life is missing.
你不能见到你的朋友,你的整个社交生活都不见了。
And teachers just assign work for you to do on your computer.
老师只是在电脑上给你布置作业。
I think for the most part, the University of Maryland has done a good job
我觉得马里兰大学大体都做得很好,
with getting everything kind of settled in
把一切安排都准备好了,
and getting students to perform the best they can in an online environment.
也尽量让学生在网上课程里取得最好的表现。
My experience so far has been pretty interesting.It has made it easier
到目前为止,我的经历还是相当有意思的。网课让学习更加轻松了,
because when you have everything going on online
因为所以的东西都是在网上完成的,
and you can see your professors screen,then everything becomes crystal clear and its easier to learn, from my perspective.
你可以看到你教授的分享屏幕,从我的角度来看,一切都变得清晰明了,也更容易学习
In a regular classroom setting, I have four classes, about an hour and 15 minutes in length for each class.
在面授课教室里,我有四节课,每节课大约一小时十五分钟。
We have about 25 students per class.
每堂课大约有25名学生。
So in a normal year, for this particular setting, you know,
所以在正常的一学年里,在这种特殊的情况下,
it can be a difficult challenge, meeting the needs of each of those students,
很难满足每个学生的需求,
but thats something as a teacher that youre used to.
但作为一个老师,你已经习惯了。
This is Coach White. I was just calling to check on your student.
我是怀特教练。我打电话来看看你们的情况。
Theyve got a little bit behind this week on their assignments
他们这周的作业有点落后,
so I was just calling to see if I can be of any help,
所以我打电话来是想知道我能不能帮上什么忙
maybe, maybe encourage your child or answering questions you might have?
也许可以鼓励鼓励你们的孩子或者回答你们想问的问题?
Distance learning is quite the buzz kill, if you ask me.Testing is definitely hard.
如果一定要问的话,远程学习就是个大麻烦。测试肯定是很难的。
I had a math test the other day and Im almost positive I failed.
前几天我有一次数学考试,我可以肯定我没及格。
I think distance learning is a pretty good arrangement
我认为远程学习是一个很好的安排
where people can switch over to the online version
人们可以随时切换到在线学习
whenever possible and whenever it is required.
无论何时需要。
Sometimes being at home, its not always easy to focus.Its easier to get distracted at home because it is so much more comfortable.
有时在家,注意力容易分散。在家更容易分心,因为家里舒服多了。
So as far as communicating with my classmates,its not really like it was and nobody really shows their faces or talks because its just not as easy.
所以在与同学交流方面,事情并不是这样的,没有人真的露脸或说话,因为这并不容易。
Its more awkward.
这样很尴尬。
You can be in it. You can include your parents or not.
你们都可以参与进来,也可以邀请你们的父母一起。
Yeah, shes on the list for a Chromebook pick up.
是的,她上了Chromebook公司的录取名单。
Its a real struggle for many parents in this era that were dealing with.
在这种特殊时期,对许多家长来说,网上学习是一种斗争。
Its really trying times for all of us.
这对我们所有人来说都是艰难的时刻。
Homeschooling while teaching is certainly a challenge.I can understand how some parents are struggling with it.
在家上课当然是一项挑战。我能理解一些家长是非常困难的。
This whole quarantine and online learning has made it easier for me to have a little bit more time
整个隔离和在线学习让我能有更多的时间,
because a lot of my time is spent walking between classes or going different places in the day
因为之前我的很多时间都花在奔波于各个教室之间或其他地方,
whenever Im at school.
每次在学校上课都是这样。
But at home, I dont really have that.Going to the next class is just opening a new tab.
但在家里就不用了。上下一堂课就是打开一个新的标签。
Hi, Im back and at first,distance learning was like, not really easy, but now its kind of got up and rolling.
嗨,我回来了,首先,远程教育不太容易,但现在终于有点起色了。
I usually just have school in the morning and then I work out
我通常就是早上上课,然后就锻炼,
because my swim team has Zoom calls on Tuesday and Thursdays
因为我的游泳队在星期二和星期四会开Zoom会议,
but sometimes I just work out by myself.
但是有时候我也一个人锻炼。
Welcome to the 2020 Conferral of Degrees in Course by Georgetown University.
欢迎参加乔治敦大学2020年学位授予仪式。
I have my parents and my sister back in India.They were supposed to come to my graduation ceremony which is now an e-ceremony.
我的父母和妹妹都在印度。他们本应来参加我的毕业典礼,现在是都在网上办了。
So, I miss them.But its okay.Its a part of the whole promise that were making for a safer society in general.
所以,我想念他们。但没关系。这是我们为一个更安全的社会所做的一个承诺。
Do the honors of throwing my tassel on the air. So...one, two, three. Cheers!
现在我要拨流苏了。一、二、三,毕业快乐!