您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > VOA英语听力下载|VOA news > voa标准英语|美国之音常速英语下载|在线收听
正文
VOA常速英语:Iron Woman
2020-09-27来源:和谐英语
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
现在有一种奇怪的现象,
"You got biceps. You must be a man.You have muscles. Youre a man."
好像你有肱二头肌, 你就是男性。你有肌肉,你就是男性。
And most of us were like, "No, we work out. Were strong."
我们大多数人都会说:“不,我们只是健身,所以很强壮。”
And we had to learn to understand and manage this creation of this new female.
我们必须学会理解和接受这类新女性。
First, we had Marilyn Monroe, Twiggy, Playboy Mansion.And then all of the sudden, women started getting muscle and bigger and stronger.
一开始,我们有玛丽莲梦露、崔姬和花花公子的豪宅。但突然间女性开始有肌肉了,开始变得强壮了。
We had a whole new breed of species of women.
我们有了一种全新的女性。
Lets go back to the late 1970s, early 80s.This is where it started.
让我们回到20世纪70年代末,80年代初。这是改变的开始。
We were in the gym. There was few of us.Little tight-knit group of people. A couple of girls and a lot of men.
我们当时在健身房,女性并不多。一群关系很好的人里面只有几个女性,一大群男性。
It was a culture.
这是当时的文化。
We worked out, we ate and we shared knowledge that we gained
我们一起锻炼,分享心得,
and we did what the men did because thats all we knew what to do.
我们跟着男性做一样的运动,因为我们只会这么做。
When we started competing, mens bodybuilding, womens bodybuilding,
当我们开始比赛的时候,就是男子健美,女子健美,
women, one color, same colors, you know, two-piece swimsuit, no makeup, no nothing, bag over our head.
所有的女性肤色都几乎一样了,穿着比基尼,不化妆,没有什么花里胡哨的,头上顶着大波浪。
It was about the muscle we created.
比的就是肌肉。
End of story.Kane figure in bikini.
就是这么简单。我们有着红魔凯恩般的身材,穿着比基尼。
The crystal swimsuits, the nails, the hair, everything.
我们的泳衣、指甲和头发闪闪发光。
Thats what they did.They finally brought the femininity into our sport.
他们就是这么做的。他们终于把女性特征带到了我们的运动中。
We have now six divisions today for the six different levels of muscularity that women wish to develop.
我们现在有六个项目,对应女性肌肉的六个级别。
Were going to do lat pull downs for our backs to make them wide.
我们要拉背,让背变得更宽。
Start with 120 and then were going to drop to 85.
重量从120开始,然后我们降到85。
When I went over there in 1995, the USAs,the girls were already using the drugs really heavy.
我1995年刚开始健身的时候,美国的女孩已经开始大量复用健身药物了。
Because we trained like men, we did the same drugs,
我们的训练跟男性一样,所以我们吃的药也一样,
not knowing that the side-effects of the steroids back then happened to be male transitioning, you know,
但我们没有想到胆固醇类药物的副作用恰好就是让我们男性化,
where you chemically turn into a man and you get the male side-effects.
当你从化学意义上变成男性时,你也就有了男性的副作用。
The vocal cords are muscles.Theyre involuntary muscles and they are based on resonance.
声带是肌肉。它们是依靠振动发声的不自觉的肌肉。
The thinner they are, the higher the voice is.
声带越薄,声音越高。
The thicker they are, the lower the voice is.And because the steroids thicken all muscles in your body, your voice goes.
声带越厚,声音越粗。胆固醇类药物可以让你的全身肌肉变厚,所以声音也就更粗了。
It started getting lower in the mid-1990s when I started using more
20世纪90年代中期,我服药越来愈多,声音就越来越粗,
and I was getting heavier into national level shows.
后来为了上国家级的节目,声音更是越发粗了。
Laser hair removal, all the spa techniques that we have today to make ourselves look pretty, didnt exist.
激光脱毛,水疗,这些让你变好看的技术在当时是没有的。
And I was backstage at pre-judging, watching girls shave their faces.
我在后台预演的时候,看到女孩们用刮胡刀刮脸。
Five oclock shadows before they put their makeup on at 10 oclock in the morning
她们五点钟就得开始准备,十点钟才能化妆,
and the voices were low enough that I actually turned around not knowing if it was a guy or not coming in.
她们的声音简直太粗了,当她们走进来,我背过身,甚至听不出来说话的是男性还是女性。
That was the first time I was exposed to that level of the hormone use in women.
那是我第一次看到一个女性居然服用这么高剂量的激素。
I was horrified and Im like, if thats what it takes to get your pro card,
我被吓到了,如果女性要靠这种方式才能开启健美职业道路的话,
Im going to stand down and just create this, because this is what I like.
那我宁愿退出,只练好自己的肌肉,这才是我真实的样子。
I like looking like this. Im 56. Ive been doing this for 40 years.
我就长这样,我今年56岁了,健身也有40年了。
Ive pretty much looked like this, little bit smaller versions of me, for 40 years.
40年前我差不多就长这样。
To be able to go in and exercise and create something that you cannot buy at the doctors office,
能够去健身,去获得一些从医生那里都买不到的东西,
thats a lot of power.I can walk into any room, any place, any time, and people stop.
我觉得这是很强大的力量。无论何时何地,我走进一个房间,人们都会驻足。
You may have your Ferrari keys with you or your Lamborghini keys, but when you and I walk in,
你可以拿着你的法拉路或者兰博基尼车钥匙,但当我们同时走进去的时候,
guess who theyre going to look at?I inspire so many people.
你觉得他们的眼光会看向谁呢?我激励了很多人。
I can go pick up a 100-pound dumbbell and start just doing rows with it and the girls are like,
我可以拿着100磅的哑铃做划船运动,女孩子们看了都说,
"Wow, if she can do that, I can do that."
“哇,如果她能做到,那我也可以。”
I forget how old I am because, you know, nowadays I mean theres 50 / 50:
我已经忘了自己的年龄了,人大体就可以分为两类,
people who take care of themselves and people who dont take care of them.
爱自己的和不爱自己的。
And people like me and Gina and a couple of other women over here,
像我和吉娜这样的人,还有这里的很多女性,
were over 40-years old and then, you know, if we walk in a room,
我们都40多岁了,但当我们走进房间,
we make 21-year olds look crazy.
那些21岁的小年轻还是为我们抓狂。
We had Amazon warriors.We had women who took things to the nth degree.
我们有亚马逊的战士(上文的红魔凯恩)。我们有女性可以到达未知的高度。
We have women who are Navy Seals now.We have women that the military finally realized we can do it too.
我们有人参加了海豹突击队。我们有人加入了军队,并且意识到女性也可以有所作为。
Im still a woman because this is something my soul is inside of. I still feel feminine.
我仍然是一名女性,因为我从我的灵魂中还能感受到女性的那一部分。
相关文章
- VOA常速英语:日增20万确诊病例,印度疫情失控
- VOA常速英语:美国驱逐10名俄罗斯外交官
- VOA常速英语:US Marks One Year of Pandemic Shutdown with Hope, Concern
- VOA常速英语:US Senate Nears Vote on $1.9 Trillion Biden COVID Aid Package
- VOA常速英语:What Is Clubhouse and Why Did It Get So Popular?
- VOA常速英语:Thermal Water Helps Recovering COVID Patients
- VOA常速英语:Deadly Drug Overdoses Epidemic Rages On
- VOA常速英语:International Women’s Day Marks Year of Increased Hardships for Women Worldwide
- VOA常速英语:US States Relax Restrictions, Health Officials Warn Against It
- VOA常速英语:Virginia Starts Reopening Schools for In-Person Learning