和谐英语

VOA常速英语:New York Dance Party

2020-11-16来源:和谐英语
I heard banging like a pot and Im like, "What is that?"
我听到像锅一样的砰砰声,我想,“那是什么?”
Im looking at TV.
我在看电视。
Im like, "What is that?"
我说,“那是什么?”
And she says, "Oh, seven oclock, we cheer."
她说,“哦,七点钟,我们欢呼起来吧。”
And then I started to see it on the news.
然后我开始在新闻上看到它。
And I said, "Oh, I have nothing to do.Ill do it too."
我说,“哦,我没什么可做的。我也要这么做。”
So, she decided she wanted to be a part of this.
所以,她决定参与其中。
She had a bell and a whistle when she came outside,
当她走到外面的时候,她带着铃铛和哨子,
and she started ringing and clapping with everybody else.
她开始和大家一起拍手打鼓。
Its so fulfilling that before we start, its almost like at 6:30, my heart starts to beat fast.
这是如此令人满足,在我们开始之前,几乎在六点半,我的心跳开始加快。
You know, like Im going to perform, you know, and its just the excitement of it.
你知道,就像我要表演一样,你知道,那就是那种兴奋。
There was so many people that were, at first, afraid to dance,
一开始有很多人害怕跳舞,
and then they realized that it didnt matter how you dance.
然后他们意识到怎么跳舞并不重要。
Because when I see them not moving, I will move with them,
因为当我看到他们不动的时候,我就会让他们动起来,
or I push them in the middle and say, "Dance!" and they would dance.
或者我把他们推到中间,说:“跳舞吧!”然后他们就跳舞。
And now theyre dancing freely like there is no inhibition at all.
现在他们自由地跳舞,就像没有任何限制一样。
They just dance, whatever comes out, it comes out.
他们只是跳舞,跳成什么样就是什么样。
And theyre so happy and they tell me later,
他们很高兴,后来他们告诉我,
"Thank you. You know, it made me feel so free because I had nothing."
“谢谢。你知道,这让我觉得很自由,因为我一无所有。”
Thats my husband and hes a doctor and he got very sick.
那是我丈夫,他是医生,以前病得很重。
He got exposed at work and he had COVID for three weeks.
他在工作的时候接触了,他被感染新冠肺炎三个星期。
Ive never seen him so sick and it was really scary.
我从没见过他病得这么厉害,真的很可怕。
Its because so many people either have permanent injuries or died and I feel so fortunate that I didnt.
这是因为很多人要么一病不起,要么死亡,我感到很幸运,我没有。
And I got pretty sick and so we didnt know what was going to happen.
我病得很厉害,所以我们不知道会发生什么。
To me, one minute you can change your life by thinking something negative.
对我来说,你以前可以通过消极的想法改变你的生活。
So, I figure if you can get an hour of freedom with other people,
所以,我觉得如果你能和别人有一小时的自由,
itll take that out of your spirit.Just take it away.
它会从你的灵魂中解脱出来。把它拿走。
Sometimes my wife, shell come out here.
有时我妻子会到这里来。
Shell see somebody slap somebodys hand because they forget.
她会看到有人因为忘记是特殊时期而拍别人的手。
Shell come and spray them with alcohol.
她会过来向他们喷酒精。
We give out masks.
我们分发口罩。
And we give out masks and water.
我们分发口罩和水。
This is something that really grew and became this, which is for me now what should be tomorrow.
这是一件变好的事情,现在对我来说,明天应该是这个样子的。
I mean, this should be happening in every block right now
我的意思是,现在每个街区都应该发生这样的事情。
because it goes beyond race, sexual orientation, body types, age.
因为它超越了种族、性取向、体型和年龄。
We put a positive message at the end of it.
最后释放了一种积极的信息。
So, when they go, to remember to love yourself,to remember that youre worthy, to be smart, to be strong and dont give up.
所以,当离开的时候,记住要爱自己,记住你是值得的,坚强一点,不要放弃。
We need human interaction in a positive way to balance all that negativity out.
我们需要一种积极的人际互动来平衡所有的消极情绪。
You need the positivity.
你需要积极的一面。
And so thats what were trying to do, bring positivity into this space that we have.
所以这就是我们要做的,把积极情绪带到我们所到之处。