和谐英语

VOA常速英语:Documentary Explores Work of Frontline Nurses

2020-11-20来源:和谐英语
Kathleen Robinson is one of the nurses featured in the documentary in case of emergency.
凯瑟琳·罗宾逊是纪录片中出现在急诊科的护士之一。
The film explores whats it really like to be an emergency room nurse.
这部电影探索了作为一名急诊室护士的真实感受。
Robinson, the daughter of doctors decided to dedicate her life to medicine too.
罗宾逊是一位医生的女儿,她也决定把自己的一生献给医学。
The documentary was supposed to be released in March then covid hit.
这部纪录片本应在三月份上映,但随后便赶上了疫情。
We were just slammed it was like a storm hit us.
我们很受冲击。
And there were so many patients that we almost couldnt keep up.
病人太多了,我们几乎处理不过来。
It was just overwhelming.
简直让人无法承受。
The patients were so sick, they were so sick.
病人们病得很厉害,他们病得很厉害。
And this was the challenge for us because we havent seen this kind of illness before.
这是我们面临的挑战,因为我们以前从未见过这种疾病。
The film covers nurses dealing with a range of emergencies,including those suffering from gun violence, opioid abuse and the coronavirus.
这部电影讲述了护士处理一系列紧急情况的故事,包括遭受枪支暴力、阿片类药物滥用和冠状病毒。
The film features 15 other emergency nurses from across America.
这部电影的主角是来自美国各地的其他十五名急救护士。
But director Carolyn jones wanted to find a nurse who would be the voice of all emergency medical workers.
但是卡罗琳·琼斯导演想找一位能代表所有急救医务人员心声的护士。
And she chose Kathleen Robinson who works in a hospital in Paterson New Jersey.
她选择了在新泽西州帕特森一家医院工作的凯瑟琳·罗宾逊。
It is its really wonderful to have the opportunity to talk about what we do.
能有机会谈论我们的工作真的很棒。
And its a little scary to see yourself on film too.
在电影里看到你自己也有点吓人。
Robinson doesnt like to talk about the crew with pandemic even with her family members.
罗宾逊不喜欢谈论感染了疫情的病人,即使是和她的家人。
The one exception she made was for the documentary and its director Carolyn Jones.
她唯一的例外是这部纪录片及其导演卡罗琳·琼斯。
The thing about her is shes just so real and she was wearing covid.
她是如此真实,她可以代表疫情期间的医护工作者。
So and I was asking her to relive it and I felt like just the weight of the world was on her shoulders.
所以我请她讲述这一切,我觉得她身上的压力很大。
And I felt awful asking those probing questions.
问那些探索性的问题让我觉得很难受。
I felt like I was asking her to relive like the worst days of her life.
我觉得我是在要求她重温她人生中最糟糕的日子。
And yet I felt like there was it was kind of cathartic in a way you know.
然而,我觉得在某种程度上,这是一种宣泄。
I think it was healing in a way to talk about it or to see it you know again in that setting.
我认为,在那种情况下,谈论它或再次看到它,在某种程度上是一种治愈。
Robinson says despite all the difficulties she faces,she still loves her work and her dedication to it remains firm.
罗宾逊说,尽管她面临种种困难,但她仍然热爱自己的工作,对工作的奉献依然坚定不移。
I think the ability to care is part of me its who I am.
我认为关心他人是我的一部分,这就是我。
And theres a I have a great desire to help others.
我很想帮助别人。
And it is wonderful and exciting and theres always something new,and I learned something new every day.
这是美妙和令人兴奋的,总是有新的东西,我每天都学到新的东西。
And Im very grateful for the opportunity to share in peoples lives when they really really need somebody.
当人们真的需要帮助的时候,我非常感谢有机会分享他们的生活。
So I am a nurse through theres no question.
我是一名护士,这是毋庸置疑的。
For Karina Befriending in Washington Anna Rice VOA news
美国之音记者Karina Befriending,Anna Rice华盛顿报道