快捷之路交际英语第二册第4课
《快捷之路交际英语》快速提高你的交际口语,不让英语成为绊脚石 。
We’re Looking for a Two-Bedroom Apartment Downtown
我们正在市中心物色一套有两间卧室的公寓住房
A. How can I help you?
我能帮你们什么吗?
B. We’re looking for a two-bedroom apartment downtown.
我们正在市中心物色一套有两间卧室的公寓住房。
A. Hmm. A two-bedroom apartment downtown.
唔,市中心两间卧室的公寓住房。
I think I have just what you’re looking for.
我想我有你们要找的房子。
B. Oh, good. Where is it?It’s on Dixon Street.
噢,好啊。在什么地方?在迪克森大街。
B. Dixon Street. Is that downtown?Yes, it is.
迪克森大街。是市中心吗?是的。
B. What kind of neighborhood is it?
左邻右舍的情况怎么样?
A. I think you’ll like the neighborhood. It’s very safe.
我想你们会喜欢那个周围环境的,很安全。
B. That sounds good. What else can you tell us about the apartment?
好象很不错哎。您还能告诉我们一些有关房子的事吗?
A. Well, you’ll love the kitchen! It has a brand new refrigerator.
噢!你们会喜欢那个厨房的!有一个崭新的冰箱。
And believe me, you don’t find many two-bedroom apartments downtown with
brand new refrigerators!
你相信我好了,你在市中心很难找到有新冰箱的两卧室的房子。
B. Hmm. Another question. Are dogs allowed in the building?
唔,还有一个问题。楼里允许养狗吗?
A. Dogs? Yes, I think dogs are allowed.We can check with the landlord.
狗?可以,我想狗是可以养的。我们可以找房东问一下。
B. How much is the rent?
房租多少?
A. It’s very reasonable. It’s $500 a month.
很合理的,一个月500元。
B. Does that include utilities?Everything except gas.
包括水电等杂费吗?除煤气外全包。
B. Hmm. And you said $500 a month, right?
嗯,那么您是说500元一个月,是吧?
A. That’s right. Would you like to see the apartment?
是的,你们想看看房子吗?
B. Yes, I think so.Fine.
对,想看看。好的。
Could You Pick Up Some Sugar?Could you do me a favor?
你能买点糖吗?你能帮个忙吗?
Could you do me a favor?
你能帮个忙吗?
B. Sure. What is it?
能啊,什么事?
A. Could you run over to the store? We need a few things.
你能跑趟商店吗?我们要买些东西。
B. All right. What do you want me to get?
行啊,你要我买什么?
A. Well, could you pick up some sugar?
唔,你能买点糖吗?
B. Okay. How much?
好,要多少?
A. A small bag. I guess we also need a few oranges.How many?
一小袋。我想我们还缺些橘子。多少呢?嗯,让我想想。4个怎么样?还有什么?
A. Oh, let’s see ... How about four?Anything else?
嗯,让我想想。4个怎么样?还有什么?
A. Yes. We’re out of milk.
还有,我们的牛奶没有了。
B. Okay. How much do you want me to get? A gallon?
好的,你要我买多少?一加仑?
A. No. I think a half gallon will be enough.
不,我想半加仑就够了。
B. Is that all?I think so. Have you got all that?
就这些吗?我想差不多了。你全记住了吗?
Yes. That’s a small bag of sugar,four oranges,and a half gallon of milk.
全记住了。一小包糖,4只橘子,半加仑牛奶。
A. Do you have enough money?
你钱够吗?
B. I think so.
够。
A. Thanks very much. I appreciate it.
谢谢。我领情了。
It’s in the Dairy Section, Aisle B
在通道B,乳制品部
A. Excuse me. Where can I find yogurt?
对不起,请问酸奶在哪儿有?
B. Yogurt? It’s in the Dairy Section, Aisle B.
酸奶?在通道B,乳制品部。
A. I’m sorry. Did you say Aisle D?
对不起,你是说通道D?
B. No. "B".
不,“B”。
A. Oh, Thanks very much.
噢,多谢了。
B. You’re welcome.
不客气。
It’s Amazing How Little You can Buy for $12.49 These Days!
真难相信如今12元4角9分只能买这么点东西!
A. Okay. That comes to twelve dollars and forty-nine cents.
好,一共是12元4角9分钱。
B. Twelve dollars and forty-nine cents?!
12元4角9分钱?!
Are you sure that’s right?
您肯定没有弄错吗?
That seems a little high to me.
我似乎觉得多了一些。
A. Well, let’s see. The vitamins were six ninety-four.
咳!我们来看看。维生素是6元9角4分,
The skim milk was a dollar seventeen.
脱脂牛奶是1元1角7分,
The bean sprouts were ninety-nine cents.
豆芽是9角9分,
And the diet soda was three thirty-nine.
节食苏打是3元3角9分,
That comes to a total of twelve dollars and forty-nine cents.
加起来是12元4角9分.
B. Hmm. Well, how about that!
嗯,咳,你说说!
It’s amazing how little you can buy for twelve dollars and forty-nine cents these days!
真难相信,如今12元4角9分钱只能买这么点东西。
A. You’re right.
是的呀。
Mmm! These Are Delicious!
嗯,好鲜啊!
A. Mmm! These are delicious! What are they?
嗯!好鲜啊!这是什么菜?
B. They’re enchiladas.
是安奇拉达丝。
A. Enchiladas?
安奇拉达丝?
B. Yes. They’re popular Mexican dish.
对,是一道时兴的墨西哥菜。
A. They’re excellent! What’s in them?
好极了!有哪些配料?
Well,let’s see ... a little flour,a little cheese,a few tomatoes,and ... uh,
这个,让我想想......面粉、奶酪、马铃薯、还有,嗯,噢,
oh yes, a little ground beef.
对了,碎牛肉。
A. Are they difficult to make?
很难做吗?
B. No, not at all. I’ll be happy to give you the recipe.
不,不难做。我很乐意给你制作法。
A. Thanks.
谢谢。
INTERCHANGE
替换练习
Could I Ask You for the Recipe?
我能问你要这个制作法吗?
A. Your meat loaf was delicious!
你做的烤肉糕真好吃!
B. Oh, did you really like it?
噢,你真的喜欢吗?
A. Yes. Very much. It was excellent!
是的,非常喜欢。简直好极了!
B. Well, thank you for saying so.
啊,谢谢你的夸奖了。
A. In fact, could I ask you for the recipe?
说真的,我能问你要这个制作法吗?
B. Sure. It’s really very easy. First, mix together one egg,
当然可以。其实很简单。首先,把一枚鸡蛋、
two teaspoons of salt, and two pounds of ground beef.
两茶勺盐和两磅碎牛肉搅拌在一起。
Then, add twelve ounces of milk and a cup of bread crumbs.
然后加入12盎司牛奶和一杯面包渣。
Are you with me so far?
这些都听清楚了吗?
A. Yes, I’m with you.
是的,我正听着呢。
B. Okay. Next, put the mixture into a greased baking pan.
好。下一步,把拌好的料放进一个抹了油的平烤盘里,
And after that, bake an hour and fifteen minutes at 350 degrees.
然后在350华氏度中烘烧1小时零15分钟。
A. Wait a minute! I didn’t get the last step.
等一下!最后一步没听清。
Could you repeat that part?
你能把它再说一说吗?
B. Sure. Bake an hour and fifteen minutes at 350 degrees.
当然可以。在350华氏度中烘烤1小时零15分钟。
A. Now I’ve got it. Is that it?
现在我明白了。就这些吗?
B. Yes. That’s it!
对,就这些。
A. Thanks very much.My pleasure.
非常感谢。不客气。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇