快捷之路交际英语第二册第5课
《快捷之路交际英语》快速提高你的交际口语,不让英语成为绊脚石 。
I Saw Your "Help Wanted" Sign in the Window
我在你们的橱窗里看到了“雇人”招牌
A. Can I talk to the manager?
我可以跟经理谈谈吗?
B. Yes. I’m the manager. What can I do for you?
可以,我就是经理。我能为您做什么?
A. I saw your "help wanted" sign in the window.
我在你们的橱窗里看到了“雇人”招牌。
Can you tell me what position you have open?
您能告诉我你们有什么空缺吗?
B. Yes. We’re looking for a stock clerk.
可以,我们正在物色一名存货管理员。
A. I’d like to apply.Have you worked as a stock clerk before?
我愿意申请。您以前做过存货管理员吗?
A. No, I haven’t but I’m sure I could learn quickly.
没有。不过我肯定能很快学会的。
B. Hmm. We need a person who can take inventory.
嗯。我们需要一个会清点存货的人。
A. Well,I haven’t taken inventory before,but with a little training,
这个,我以前没搞过清点存货,不过稍加培训,
I’m sure I could do a good job.Okay. Here’s an application form.
我一定会干得很好的。好啊。这是一张申请表,
You can sit over there and fill it out.Thanks very much.
您可以在那边坐下把它填好。非常感谢。
I’m Calling About Your Ad in Today’s Paper
我打电话是想了解你们今天报上招聘广告的情况
A. I’m calling about your ad in today’s paper for a secretary.
我打电话来是想了解你们今天报上招聘秘书广告的情况。
Is that position still open?Yes, it is.
这个职位仍然空着吗?是的,还空着。
A. I’d like to apply.Do you have previous experience?
我愿意申请。您以前做过秘书吗?
A. Yes, I do.And can you type sixty words per minute?
是的,做过。您一分钟能打60个词吗?
A. Yes, I can. May I request an interview?
是的,可以。我可以要求面试吗?
B. Yes. What’s your name?Matthew Simon.
可以,您的姓名?马修 . 西蒙。
B. All right, Mr. Simon. Is two o’clock Friday convenient for you?
好的,西蒙先生,星期五下午两点方便吗?
A. Two o’clock Friday? That’s fine. Thanks very much.
星期五两点?好的。非常感谢。
Have You Ever Flown a 747?
您开过747机吗?
A. Have you ever flown a 747?
您开过747机吗?
B. No, I haven’t, but I’ve flown a DC-10,
不,没开过,不过我开过DC-10,
and I’m confident I’d be able to learn to fly a 747 very easily.
我相信我能毫不费力地学会开747机。
A. Are you sure about that?Oh, yes. I’m absolutely positive.
你有把握吗?嗯,是的,我绝对有把握。
Do You Know How to Use a Word Processor?
您会使用文字处理机吗?
A. Do you know how to use a word processor?
您会使用文字处理机吗?
B. Yes. I’ve been using word processors for a long time.How long?
会的,我用文字处理机已很久了。多久?
B. Well, let me see ... I’ve been using word processors since 1980.
这个,让我想想......我从1980年就开始使用文字处理机了。
A. Since 1980?Yes, that’s right.
从1980年开始?对,是这样。
A. Well, you certainly have a lot of experience.I guess I do.
那么,您一定很有经验咯。我想是吧。
Are You Currently Employed?
您目前有工作吗
A. Are you currently employed?
您目前有工作吗?
B. Yes, I am. I work at the Acme Furniture Company.
是的,我有,我在爱美家具公司。
A. And what is your position there?I’m a salesman.
您在那儿做什么?推销员。
A. I see. Tell me, have you been working there for a long time?
我明白了。告诉我,您在那儿干了很久了吗?
B. Yes. I’ve been working there for the past six years.
是啊,我在那儿已工作6年了。
A. Are you currently employed?
您目前有工作吗?
B. No, not at the moment. My last job was at Hi-Tech, incorporated.
不,眼下没有。我最后一次工作是在高技术公司。
A. And what was your Position there?I was a computer analyst.
您在那儿做什么?电脑分析员。
A. I see. Tell me, did you work there for a long time?
我明白了。告诉我,您在那儿工作过很久吗?
B. Yes. I worked there for five years.
是的,我在那儿工作过5年。
Can You Tell Me a Little More About the Position?
您能再跟我谈一点这个职位吗?
A. Can you tell me a little more about the position?
您能再跟我谈一点这个职位吗?
B. Certainly. What else would you like to know?
当然可以。您还想了解什么?
A. What exactly are the bookkeeper’s responsibilities?
一个出纳员的具体职责是什么?
B. Well, the bookkeeper’s primary responsibility
is to oversee the company’s finances.
这个,出纳员的基本职责是照管公司的资金,
In addition, the bookkeeper does the payroll.
另外,出纳员要做工资表。
Do you think you’d be able to handle those responsibilities?
您认为您能胜任吗?
A. Yes, absolutely! In my present job,
当然可以!
I’ve been overseeing the company’s finances for several years.
我现在的工作就是照管公司的资金,已好几年了。
And while I haven’t done the payroll in my current position,
不过,在我现在的工作中,我没做过工资表。
I did the payroll in the job I had before that.
在那以前的工作中我做过工资表。
INTERCHANG
替换练习
I Have Just One or Two More Questions
我还有一两个问题要问
A. Before we finish, I have just one or two more questions.Certainly.
在结束谈话之前,我还有一两个问题。当然可以。
A. May I ask: Why do you want to leave your present job?
我能否这样问您:为什么您要辞去目前的工作?
The truth is that I’d like to work in a larger company
that offers more opportunities for growth.
说实话,我是想到一个能提供更多发展机会的大公司里工作。
A. I understand. And when would you be available?
原来是这样。那么您何时能来上班?
B. Well, let’s see ... I could be available in about three weeks.
这个,我想想......三个星期后我能来。
I’d need to give my present employer sufficient notice.
我需要有充裕的时间提前通知我现在的老板。
A. I can appreciate that.
我理解这一点。
Well,I think we’ve covered just about everything,
那么,我们似乎已经把该谈的都谈了,
but perhaps you could tell me a little more about yourself.
不过,也许你能再跟我谈点您的个人情况。
B. All right. Let’s see ... I’m married. My wife’s name is Roberta.
行。让我想想......我已经结婚,我妻子的名字叫罗芭塔。
She’s a nurse at City Hospital. We’ve been married for thirteen years.
她在市医院做护士。我们已经结婚13年了。
We have two children, a boy ten and a girl seven.
我们有两个孩子,一个男孩10岁,一个女孩7岁。
A. Uh-huh. And tell me, how long have you been living here in Springfield?
嗯。告诉我,您在思普林费德这儿住多久了?
B. We’ve been living here for the past nine years.
我们在这儿住9年了。
Before that, we lived in Akron.Any hobbies or special interests?
在那以前,我们住在阿克伦。
B. Yes. I collect stamps and I like to play tennis.
有啊,我集邮,我也喜欢打网球。
A. Oh. That’s interesting. Tell me,
噢,很有意思。告诉我,
do YOU have any questions for ME?Yes, as a matter of fact.
您有什么问题要问我吗?是的,确实有。
Could you tell me about the work schedule?
您能告诉我工作的时间吗?
A. Yes. The work day is from nine to five,
可以。工作时间从9点到5点,
with a one-hour lunch break at noon.
中午有一小时休息吃午饭。
B. And may I ask about the salary?Oh, I didn’t mention the salary?
我可以问一下薪水吗?噢,我没提到薪水吗?
B. No, I don’t believe so.
没有,好象没有。
A. The salary is twenty-five thousand dollars.
薪水是25000美元。
B. And may I ask about vacations and sick leave?
我可以问一下假期和病假的情况吗?
A. Yes. Of course.
可以,当然可以。
Employees receive ten days off per year for the first three years,
在头三年里,雇员每年有10天假期,
and fifteen days off per year after that.
三年以后,每年有15天假期。
Also, employees earn one day of sick leave per month.
另外,每个月有一天病假。
B. And finally, can you tell me about the company benefits?
最后,您能告诉我公司的福利情况吗?
Yes.We have an excellent benefits package that includes health insurance,
好的,我们的福利待遇待遇非常好,它包括健康保险,
a retirement program, and a savings plan.
退休计划和储蓄计划。
B. That sounds very complete.
听上去考虑得很周到。
A. We try to take good care of our employees.
我们尽力照顾好我们的雇员。
Any other questions?No. I didn’t think so.
还有什么别的问题吗?不,我想没有了。
I really appreciate the time you’ve taken to talk with me.
非常感谢您花那么多时间跟我谈话。
A. My pleasure. You’ll be hearing from us shortly.
不客气。您会很快听到回音的。
B. Thank you very much.
多谢了。
- 上一篇
- 下一篇