和谐英语

VOA常速英语:For Young Activists, Political Rallying Happens on TikTok, Instagram and Twitter

2020-07-20来源:和谐英语
We felt we were completely empty.Go for reserve tickets now and leave him standing there alone on the stage.
我们觉得我们完全是空的。现在去买订票,让他一个人站在舞台上。
What do you say? Call it the Tick Tock phenomenona call to action on the social network may have contributed to lower than expected
你说呢?称之为抖音现象:在社交网络上呼吁采取行动,可能导致特朗普的投票率低于预期。
turnout at a recent Trump rally. In Nashville six teenagers organized
在最近的一次集会上。在纳什维尔,六名青少年组织了
a march against police brutality that drew a crowd of nearly 10,000.
一场反对警察暴行的游行,吸引了近1万人参加。
How did they get the word out? Instagram.
他们是怎么得到消息的?Instagram。
Todays youth are speaking up using what they know best: social media.
今天的年轻人正在用他们最熟悉的东西说话:社交媒体。
I think overall technology has really been a driving force for us.
我认为整体技术确实是我们的动力。
Having those things that already connect us and then kind of trying to figure out
那些已经把我们联系在一起的东西,然后试着弄清楚
how we can manipulate these things,how we can use them to our advantage.
我们如何操纵这些东西,我们如何才能利用它们来造福我们。
Here in New York City, Jessica Rosario and her peers have been busy rallying their community around online voter registration.
在纽约市,杰西卡·罗萨里奥和她的同龄人一直在忙着在网上进行选民登记。
We wanted to really create a space for digital democracy.
我们想要真正为数字民主创造一个空间。
Sharing resources and building online coalitions with other like-minded organizations are key.
与其他志同道合的组织共享资源和建立在线联盟是关键。
Theres nothing better than coming together in a group and just really talking about whats necessary
没有什么比一群人聚在一起,真正地谈论必要的事情更好的了
and then splitting up and creating those tools so that we could share it out to our communities.
然后分开并创建这些工具,这样我们就可以分享给我们的社区了。
Digital activism isnt new but young people today are making more use of it.
数字行动主义并不新鲜,但如今的年轻人正在更多地利用它。
Rosario helped create digital tool kits that supporters could use to
罗萨里奥帮助创建了数字工具包,支持者可以利用这些工具包
push for legislative action in the state Senate. People could click on it.And it would automatically open up their Twitter with like a pre-written tweet that we had created.
在州参议院推动立法行动。人们可以点击它。它会自动打开他们的推特,就像我们创建的预先写好的推特一样。
And just in a second,you could send that it tags the elected officials telling them exactly
就在这一秒,你可以把它贴在民选官员的标签上,告诉他们
what the legislation name is and why we were demanding it.
立法的名称是什么以及我们为什么要求它。罗萨里奥认为,
Rosario believes the Twitter storm helped result in a section of New York civil rights law being repealed.
罗萨里奥认为,推特风暴导致了纽约民权法的一部份被废除。
We created that in just a matter of I want to say hours to a day.
我们创造了一个简单的问题,我想说几个小时一天。
Others are repurposing existing platforms like Twitch, a live streaming site for gamers
其他人正在重新利用现有的平台,如Twitch,这是一个为玩家提供的实时流媒体网站,
that recently has become a place to catch protests as they happen on the ground.
最近它已经成为一个捕捉抗议活动的地方,因为抗议发生在地面上。
For 21 year old Rosario who falls squarely in the Gen Z demographic,theres still an appreciation for old-school technology.
对于属于Z世代的21岁的罗萨里奥来说,仍然有年轻人欣赏旧式的技术。
Text isnt always the best.If you have a lot to say, you want to hear peoples emotions.
短信并不总是最好的。如果你有很多话要说,你想听别人的情绪。
When youre like telling them news.I love phone calls way better than text messages.
当你想告诉他们消息的时候。比起短信,我更喜欢打电话。
For these digital natives,getting everyones attention is all about the online and offline connections.
对这些数字原住民来说,吸引每个人的注意力的关键就在于,线上和线下的连接。
Tina Tchen VOA News New York
纽约美国之音