您现在的位置是:首页 > 英语听力 > VOA英语听力下载|VOA news > voa标准英语|美国之音常速英语下载|在线收听
正文
VOA常速英语:When Pandemic Life Gets Tough, Drive Thru Live Theater to the Rescue
2020-08-25来源:和谐英语
Update Required
To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
我已经看出来了,你不喜欢它,我会重新开始,怎么样?
Hi my name is Taylor Juno and this is the teardrop from the orange sky.
你好,我叫泰勒·朱诺,这是橙色天空中的泪珠。
No mama, it isnt like it at all.
不,妈妈,一点也不像。
Dude I gotta tell you what happened at old man Fletchers class the other day.
伙计,我得告诉你前几天弗莱彻老头子课上发生了什么。
I mean this is insane.
我是说这太疯狂了。
So drive through drama its kind of like a Disney ride without the scary animatronics.
所以,开车去看戏剧,就像没有可怕的电子动画的迪士尼之旅。
Its driving and stopping at each actor, its a live actor.
它在每个演员面前停下来,这是一个现场的演员。
Asleep already.
已经睡着了。
They perform a monologue.
他们表演独白。
There are ten stations and it all comes together to make one story.
这里有十个表演点,所有这些都集中在一起,形成了一个故事。
I came across something I had learned about in theater history called medieval pageant wagons
我遇到了我在戏剧史上学到的东西,叫做中世纪的游行马车
which was common at the time where actors would be on a wagon,
在那个时候是很普遍的,演员坐马车,
and they would do their scene
他们会表演
and then it would move to the next town or to the next group of audience members.
然后它会转移到下一个城镇或者下一群观众。
So I sort of took that idea and flipped it where the actor stays in one place
所以我采用了这个想法,并把它转变成演员呆在一个地方
and then the audience drives around and hears the rest of the story.
然后,观众们开车四处走动,听到故事的其余部分。
I was a banker, Ive never done anything like this.
我是个银行家,我从没做过这样的事。
I dont know theres ever been anything like this to do before,
我不知道以前有没有做过这样的事,
so its kind of like some of the things but still its not.
所以它有点类似,但仍然不是。
Its entirely different.
完全不同。
Part of my job was I would sort through the money and decide
我的工作之一就是把钱整理一下,然后决定
if money couldnt be used anymore.
如果钱不能再用了。
In the game, okay, all right, you know I have a health question but its not enough.
在比赛中,好吧,好吧,你知道我有一个健康问题,但这还不够。
Okay listen I think we got to cut our losses like try to outlast till maybe second placement.
好吧,听着,我想我们得减少损失尽量坚持到第二次配售。
Weve never done anything like this before but Im really looking forward to it.
我们以前从来没有做过这样的事,但我真的很期待。
We both love theater and any chance to go and see live theater.
我们都喜欢戏剧,只要有机会去看现场演出。
I was excited about because there hasnt been much this year.
我很兴奋,因为今年没有看什么演出。
Well I thought when Daniel came to me and said I want to do a show
当丹尼尔来找我说我要表演的时候
my mind went to monologues.
我的脑子里都是独白。
My mind went to to plays that are traditionally told by one person at a time.
我的注意力集中在传统上一次由一个人来讲述的戏剧上。
A one-person show but spread out over 10 people,
一人一人的表演,但却有超过10个人,
and I thought I guess thats possible to do 10 disparate stories
我想我可以写10个完全不同的故事
that are all linked around one thing which in this case is a dollar bill with some writing on it.
所有这些都是围绕着一件事联系在一起的,在这个例子中是一张美元钞票,上面写着一些东西。
Make a small change and those sound like pretty big changes to me pal.
做个小小的改变,我的朋友,这些听起来像是很大的变化。
Yes I am going to cue you so this car needs to get over to the second actor,
是的,我要告诉你,需要开车去找第二个演员,
theyll be there for just a few moments,
他们会在那里呆一会儿,
Im trying to paste it so theres no accordion happening on the back side
我正试着把它粘起来这样后面就没有手风琴了
Ill let you in from there.
我让你从那里进去。
This is I dont know it looks really fun and we do like to go to things like this.
它看起来真的很有趣,我们确实喜欢这样的事情。
She had a batteries dead in her car.
她车里的电池没电了。
I ran the air conditioning during the the last half hour without the car on.
在过去的半个小时里,我没有开汽车就开了空调。
When theyre done theyre going to give you a little bit of a bow as a chance for you to give a little clap,
当他们完成的时候,他们会给你鞠躬,你鼓掌
And you may move on from there to the next.
你可以从那里转到下一个。
What are the worlds that are waiting for you when the untraveled path starts to call
当未知之路开始召唤时,等待你的世界是什么?
See this dollar you always always have worth even if somebody says you dont.
看到这美元,你总是有价值,即使有人说你没有。
Sweet dreams.
做个好梦。
Me and green Georgie, we are waiting for you.
我和格林·乔治,我们为你而战。
Thank you Im gonna take my break now
谢谢,我现在休息一下
but albums are ten dollars nine if you pay in singles.
但是如果你买单曲的话九美元,专辑要十美元。
相关文章
- VOA常速英语:日增20万确诊病例,印度疫情失控
- VOA常速英语:美国驱逐10名俄罗斯外交官
- VOA常速英语:US Marks One Year of Pandemic Shutdown with Hope, Concern
- VOA常速英语:US Senate Nears Vote on $1.9 Trillion Biden COVID Aid Package
- VOA常速英语:What Is Clubhouse and Why Did It Get So Popular?
- VOA常速英语:Thermal Water Helps Recovering COVID Patients
- VOA常速英语:Deadly Drug Overdoses Epidemic Rages On
- VOA常速英语:International Women’s Day Marks Year of Increased Hardships for Women Worldwide
- VOA常速英语:US States Relax Restrictions, Health Officials Warn Against It
- VOA常速英语:Virginia Starts Reopening Schools for In-Person Learning